Hallet Oct 11/12

95R#177

Established Member
Joe and I met up at Hallet for a great weekend! There were only 3 Cobra Rs there--me, Joe and Ford Racing brought 00R no. 1 for display.

The weather was great, and lots of track time. I recorded a personal best of 1:32 in the clockwise (backwards) direction. Fun, fun, fun...

Two interesting cars there...a Chrysler 300C SRT8 with very expensive suspension mods...and fox-bodied Mercury Capri with a 351C and a bunch of salvage yard parts. I must say I was very impressed with the level of ingenuity and fabrication skills of the Capri owner!:banana:

Andy M

Established Member
Shane,

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Hallet is my absolute favorite track of all time -hands down!! I cannot wait to get another car so I can make a trip to Hallet for some fun time!! :)

95R#177

Established Member
Shane,

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Hallet is my absolute favorite track of all time -hands down!! I cannot wait to get another car so I can make a trip to Hallet for some fun time!! :)

Andy, yes I must agree that Hallet is also my favorite. And at this event, there were some pretty darn fast laps being put down. Of course, Wayne Manor wasn't there, so there were no DAMN fast laps. I really think our friends out east would be impressed with Hallet.

Ruslow

Established Member
The owner of the capri is Don[animal] he worked int he aircraft industry for years and does come up with some carry over ideas.did you see the plastic strips[for lack of the correct name] glued on the rear window.suppose to channel air better.If I get the aero stuff done on mine [R model] I will be at this one.STan

Last edited:

Stanger58

Established Member
Thanks to those of you who DID show up at the Track Guys Hallett event. We had a two-day blast at Hallett...it's always fun getting together at this fun track. And, we ran it both directions - counter-clock on Saturday, clockwise on Sunday. And thanks to our friends at SVT who brought the #1 2000 Cobra R for display and a bright red GT500KR for play!

No major incidents, a few new folks hooked on performance driving and HUGE track time for everyone else. And yes, this event served as the on-track debut of my big, black Crown Vic...:eek:

Check out the low-res images here: http://www.jb203.com/EVENTS.htm

See you on track!

Stanger58

Established Member
OK, here are some on-track action shots you don't see every day...the debut of ol' black 108 at Hallett...

I drove the car round trip (Olathe, KS to Hallett, OK), drove it on the track HARD for two day (more than 150 on-track miles) and had a BLAST seeing just how hard I could get her around the track! Keep in mind, all I've done to the car since purchasing it has been to check all fluids, tires and brake pads. The tires are old, the traction lock doesn't and I discovered a small crack in the radiator's plastic tank. Other than that, I drove the snot out of her and provided lots of on-track entertainment for our students and instructors alike. :eek:

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

Jonathan Blevins wanted to give chase in his Factory Five Challenge car...
IMG_2134.jpg

I saw him, so I figured, "why not give him something to see THROUGH!"
IMG_2135.jpg

If you can't get away from him, give him SMOKE!
IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

Last edited:

shlbygt

Established Member
Did the antenna come with the car or did you re-install one? Priceless..
You've gotta get some grille lights or headlight strobes for that thing.

Users who are viewing this thread