Halloween Costume - swords in public

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Not in Texas. See Iceman's post. Our CHL law only carries the carrying of concealed handguns... Nothing more.

Plus, it would have to be concealed. Two swords in scabbards on someone's back isn't exactly concealed.

Same as NC. CC only refers to handguns.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
6) "Illegal knife" means a:

(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;

(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;

(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard;

(D) bowie knife;

(E) sword; or

(F) spear.

Falls under the Unlawfully Carrying Weapons Sec. 46.02

Thanks Iceman. I see they didn't mention a battle axe in there! :coolman: j/k

I've decided not to carry the swords (bummer I can't return them without eating a restocking fee). I went ahead and found some "practice" swords for about 7 dollars each. Black painted wood, I think they look pretty good actually.

I know some of you think it's silly and unnecessary. But so are alot of things that we find "cool". Take for example, what this website is all about!:dw: Do you really need 500whp vehicle that can accelerate to 60 in well under 5 seconds? It's not like you can ever open her up on public roads as that would be breaking the law (very fast acceleration = exhibition of speed). Right, we just like the idea of it. And come on, who are we fooling, we do open her up every once in a while while 'not on the track'. And last time I checked, a vehicle can do a hell of a lot more damage by accident than some cool swords.

Anyways, my friends are a bit "over the top" with their costumes and sometimes we have to one up each other (last year a buddy mine some how got a hold of a real LEO uniform!) The authentic looking swords woulda just been that much sweeter, oh well. Knowing my luck as of lately, I'm not going to chance it. So unless there's an issue with wooden swords, I guess that's my compromise. Thanks everyone and have fun Halloween! :rockon::beer:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
The swords would have been legal in Cali btw, as long as they are in a sheath. An "Illegal Knife" (653k PC) pertains to a switchblade 2" or more. Just make sure you don't:

- have it at a state or local public building (171(b) PC)
- draw it out in a rude, angry or threatening manner (417(a)(1) PC) * except in self-defense

Users who are viewing this thread