Hangar Torque??

Ratman

Established Member
I have a set of Western Chassis hangars (4-5") and the directions never had torque specs on them. So I called Sportstrucksdirect (who I purchased from), after a few minutes on hold (they didn't have the info--I assumed they called Western Chassis) and they told me 45 lbs on each bolt the 50-55 after another 500 miles. Did that, but it keeps bugging me so I searched and came across one thread mentioning torque in the "how to" section but it doesn't match the torque I was told by Sportstruckdirect. SO, anyone have either the correct torque, Western Chassis phone number, Western Chassis location so I can do a yellow pages search....
Any info will help. Thanks.

bubbaSVT

Established Member
how did you guys remove the old hanger? All I have is an angle grinder. Would that work to get through the rivets?

Im about to order the belltech kit, and im just wondering how im going to do it.

Ratman

Established Member
I did it with the angle grinder. Grind away the rivets, then pop off the hangar. You will have to grind the rest of the rivet off once you get the hangars off. If you are quick, once you grind the rivets flush with the frame, use a punch and hammer to push them through the frame. If that doesn't work then you can drill through the rivet and pop it through the frame. Be carefull on punching them through on the drivers side--fuel lines and brake lines on the inside of the frame. Let me know what the belltech kit says for torque on the hangars. Enjoy, give yourself a few hours to complete it.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
50-55 lb. ft. should be enough, I'm sure they supplied grade 8 hardware and lock washers right? If they've been torqued just recheck them in a week or so and call it good.

Ratman

Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
50-55 lb. ft. should be enough, I'm sure they supplied grade 8 hardware and lock washers right? If they've been torqued just recheck them in a week or so and call it good.
That's the torque they qouted and yes on the lock washers. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread