Hangover Nationals-LACR Jan 1-4

stang99

The sky in the desert leaks less than most places, but, it wants to rain here. It just can't make up its mind. The garage is open anyway. I always enjoy driving my Cobra in the rain since it is close to autocross as I can get, and, it reminds me of LACR on street radials. Also, I have found out that the car can be washed clean again afterwards. All Mustangs and most pickups are fun in the rain, imho.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Wait is it raining @ Palmdale?

Same question -- none of us would race on a damp track.

I just got back from getting the tires mounted on the new back wheels. Purty...

I can drive up on street tires just to get the TB install if PModdy will be going up. It is NASTY down here.

I can go ahead and trailer up if it looks like a good chance to run.

Or I can wait until tomorrow.

James

stang99

Weather still uncertain at 11:38. I was just outside and it was not raining. There were patches of blue and also some nasty looking dark clouds. I guess that's why it is 50/50. We may not know until 5 PM, if then. But, there are always Gritas as a backup.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
it looks clear in palmdale per the radar image but it's raining pretty good in the pass w/ a chance of snow :eek: at 3k feet so i think i'll pass for today. :(

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
it looks clear in palmdale per the radar image but it's raining pretty good in the pass w/ a chance of snow :eek: at 3k feet so i think i'll pass for today. :(

I hate the rain, well I guess Ill goand check the auto show:mj:

stang99

I can not be sure, but it appears that there is no test and tune listed on the flyer for Sat/Sun. If you have the entry fee and you can beat the 100+ pros that have assembled for the big prize money, then you will get lots of runs and come home richer. Otherwise it will cost you a lot to qualify your car for possibly one run. But, I may not be reading the flyer correctly. I imported the .jpg and blew it up so that I could read it. But, who knows what they mean when they say that racers and crew are $15. I guess that is just the track entry fee and then you have to ante up to race in the show? It's complicated. Is Carlsbad running?

Originally posted by FuShnickens
so no go? :??:

ShakeMe

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:??: check it out :??:

P & i think its 15 to get in & race but when u go lower it says 100bucks.

So which could it be?

But ur still going Allan......if its only 15bucks?

I see you got in the 13s:beer:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i think the $100 is if you wanna get in the big buck classes. it looks like $25 for dot class in the flyer thing, but the text above says $15 for 1 day, $25 for both. ???

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I can not be sure, but it appears that there is no test and tune listed on the flyer for Sat/Sun. If you have the entry fee and you can beat the 100+ pros that have assembled for the big prize money, then you will get lots of runs and come home richer. Otherwise it will cost you a lot to qualify your car for possibly one run. But, I may not be reading the flyer correctly. I imported the .jpg and blew it up so that I could read it. But, who knows what they mean when they say that racers and crew are $15. I guess that is just the track entry fee and then you have to ante up to race in the show? It's complicated. Is Carlsbad running?

damn... i think you're right... there's no talk about tnt - it was the previous 2 days. carlsbad sounds like an option though as their boards say they're running. it may even be wide open due to the hangover...

Users who are viewing this thread