Hans Racecraft Subframe Connectors (GP)

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
Check out my Sig...I have them on my 04 Vert and they are just GREAT!!! Way better than MM or KB!!! If you want total stiffness in your ride...get a set and enjoy your cobra as it was ment to be driven!!!

~ Fresh :burnout:

ralphcobra

Established Member
frame connectors

I have a two post lift in my shop that I use to work on my cars. When I lift my 03 vert I get enough defection or flex in the body that when lifted , it is much more difficult to shut the doors on the car.
I want to install the connectors but I am afraid that if I don't lift the car underneath the wheels I feel that I have actually installed some twist into the car and I certainly would not want to be welding the connectors into the car with twist in the body and the doors not closing properly.
Does anyone have a good procedure for installing connectors without having an adverse effect on the body? If so, I would also like to purchase this system. Thanks, Ralph

2veloce

Established Member
ralphcobra:

Call AKR Performance in Fairborn, GA (Al Kuhn) 770-964-8566 he did the install for me. I am sure he will answer any questions you have.

tec7426

Established Member
Are these considered to be "top of the line" compared to the rest on the market? I don't know anything about any of them, but I want the best, even if they cost more.

Subframe connectors will be my next mod. If these are the way to go, I too am interested.:beer:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Re: frame connectors

Originally posted by ralphcobra
I have a two post lift in my shop that I use to work on my cars. When I lift my 03 vert I get enough defection or flex in the body that when lifted , it is much more difficult to shut the doors on the car.
I want to install the connectors but I am afraid that if I don't lift the car underneath the wheels I feel that I have actually installed some twist into the car and I certainly would not want to be welding the connectors into the car with twist in the body and the doors not closing properly.
Does anyone have a good procedure for installing connectors without having an adverse effect on the body? If so, I would also like to purchase this system. Thanks, Ralph

You have to install any subframe connectors using a muffler style wheel lift to prevent the flex associated by lifting the car by the frame. I have the MM full-length on my car and since the install my frame stays straight even when lifted on a frame lift style lift.

Dave99GT

Go Packers!
Established Member
what's the pricing on the GP?
I am interested in a set for the 03 vert, depending on price...

mikea074

Cobramods
Established Member
Testimonial by: Shawn Ellis

Since I have been modding mustangs for over 10 years and have been supercharging for the same I'd add my 10 cents on this thread. I have been a loyal MM customer for longer than most every one here and have tried KB, MM, & Global West components on the 6 previous mustangs I had over the last 10 years. When I was approached sometime ago by someone who described these "Hans subframes" as a kick *** unit I was like....yeah...right. Then when I saw them and how they were constructed I was impressed. Then I showed them to a friend of mine that does race car chassis's and he was impressed. Not easy to do for this guy. I had MM's full lengths on my car at this time. Since my car has gone through so many frkn mods over the last 3 years it spent much time in the air. The MM's were getting a little tweaked although hardly noticeable. I cut those subs off and put on Hans. There was a noticeable difference right away. I think it was only because of the previous jacking abuse the MM's had to endure. Since then my car has been on the jacks longer with Han's subs than the MM's ever were and there is no sign of fatigue at least to the naked eye. Where as the MM's did show stress. Most of this is directly attributed to the design and ease of jacking rails. For anyone who actually works on their own cars these puppies are the ticket and a must. These are the best subs ever made for a mustand IMO bar none. I have tried all the rest and these are the best. I don't care to debate on Griggs, MM, or Joe blow's. or who is better. I am only sharing my own experiences. I see where guys are dissatisfied with everyones product here and there...(Griggs, MM included).

This product is nothing short of fantastic and I will only have Hans subs on my mustangs from here on out. He not only made the best subs on the market IMO but he was the FIRST one to make them to clear side exhaust. Nobody else does.

Can't wait to see what else Hans is coming up with.

Shawn Ellis/ Tuner SoCal Diablo

Last edited:

svtxchinoy

Established Member
Excellent info. That's what I've been wanting to hear. Lets get this going. I shouldn't be doing this since I just got the last GP for the Meccatune HID's, but this is something I can't pass up. I went to the Hans website, and from what I saw, its definately top notch stuff. Im definately thinking about using a whole Hans setup considering the quality of their products.

mikea074

Cobramods
Established Member
Hansracecraft Just wrote in they are working on the price.

A note - from Matt @ Hans

Hi Mike,

I'll get you that special price, "Speed Concepts" are affiliated with us, we are all part of "Hansracecraft" inc., nobody can sell these subs but us ! I'm in the east coast division.

Matt

I'll get back to you asap... Matt

Fresh Cobra

505 RWHP Blvd Pimp
Established Member
I have to agree with what Shawn Ellis spoke of. He introduced Hans to me at one of his Dyno Day events last February (my first one) and I purchased the SFC’s the same day because of the quality and workmanship of the SFC. Hans didn’t even have a set of SFC’s for the Verts ready, so he custom made me a set in 2 days and delivered them to Superior Automotive for me to pick up (very nice effort to please the customer).

These are without a doubt...the best SFC out on the open market today!!! My Cobra Vert handles 110% better in tight curves and hugs the road in any condition that comes up (it's not even lowered yet). In fact, I drive the Ortega Highway (for SoCali drivers you should know the Highway because of the OUTSTANDING curves through the mountains) at least once a week and since my SFC install I've raised my speed going through the many curves up to 81 MPH in the 30 zones!!! That is the best testimonial I can give ...Seat of the Pants thrill and driving style!!!

I have MM SFC's on my 96 Vert and once I get it fully ready to race...Hans Racecraft SFC will be going on it in a heart beat!!!

I've stated it before...the Hans SFC's are the "BEST" Mod I've added to my 04...bar none for driving!!! Second best is the Kenny Brown STB and CC Plates which makes driving so much fun!!!

PM me for any additional info. I don't work for Hans Racecraft in any way, shape or form!!! I am just a very satisfied customer and would recommend Hans SFC's to anyone I meet!!!

~ Fresh

mikea074

Cobramods
Established Member
We are working on 3 different prices to make it fair for us and the supplier. The price will included shipping to your door.

East Cost
West Coast
Midwest

I am asking the vender to setup a paypal page to make it easier for ordering all the subframes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread