Hard shifting, stiff as hell clutch

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
So heres my deal... Then other morning I drove my car to work everything is fine. After I got off work. I started drive thing were good for about a mile! Since then getting my car in any gear is a fight to the dead. I have to force into gear. it will come out of gear with no problems but going into gear is a different story, like there's something stopping it. Also my clutch has gotten so stiff I have to put all my weight into it to the get the clutch all the way to the floor. I don't think all the sycros would go out all at once. Sounds like it could be a throw out bearring, or possibly the clutch pressure plate?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Cable is fine just installed a new one last night still heavy as hell and hard to shift.

how old is the clutch? I had a similar problem with mine, changed the cable first (the bushing at the firewall was tearing), helped but still not good. I ended up taking the transmission out and a couple fingers on the pressure plate were bent.

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
how old is the clutch? I had a similar problem with mine, changed the cable first (the bushing at the firewall was tearing), helped but still not good. I ended up taking the transmission out and a couple fingers on the pressure plate were bent.

The trans was out of my old 03 gt it works fine.... The clutch abit over two years I was hoping the clutch would last until winter but I'm ordering another this week the car is my only so it's my daily I sit in a lot of stop n go traffic going to work... There was no different after the new cable but then out of nowhere it feels fine and slides into gears fine....

Which way do I turn the adjustable cable to tighen it up abit?

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
The trans was out of my old 03 gt it works fine.... The clutch abit over two years I was hoping the clutch would last until winter but I'm ordering another this week the car is my only so it's my daily I sit in a lot of stop n go traffic going to work... There was no different after the new cable but then out of nowhere it feels fine and slides into gears fine....

Which way do I turn the adjustable cable to tighen it up abit?

to the right

Users who are viewing this thread