Hard starting/ Check engine soon light

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Last night after about 4 back to back hard runs down the street my check engine soon lifgt came on and now it has trouble starting. It takes about 10 sec of cranking for it to stay running.
I have not pulled the codes yey cause I dont have a scanner readily available, but does anyone have an idea about what I may be looking at?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
In case it is the sensor, try not to drive the car until you can change the oil and get a new one.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Pul the vacuum line off the back and check for gas. If there is some, it's gone. I think it's a Ford part only.

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
I just tried starting the car again and it wouldnt
Read on modularfords to pull the electrical connector then tried again and it started right up
plugged it in while it was running and it died.
looks like die hard evidence huh?
anyway I checked the oil and it looks fine. Pulled the vacume line off and there is no sighns of fuel. Is it possible I got lucky and mine just failed electrically?......I hope

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I replied in the other forum too, but...

With the electrical connector off and no fuel in the line, the car will probably run in the "limp" mode or whatever you want to call it. It has happened to others here. At least the diaphram didn't rupture and dump a ton of fuel into the manifold.
I would go to Ford and get the sensor ASAP. That should solve the problem, I think.
You could also get the code scanner when you get time, just to confirm that that was indeed the problem.

Dana

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
Thanks Dana;
Ive already called ford and this bupkin back woods dealership doesn't carry any damn parts it seems like.
closest is in Ft Walton Beach like 3 hours away.
The "new FRPS" that ive read about seems to be working pretty good. Is it the same part #?
The # i have is 3R3Z9F972AA

NMRAcer

Aviator & Terminator
Established Member
anayone know what other cars use them?
no dealer around here has one, and i was thinking about hitting up a salvage yard to try my luck there if any other vehicles use this same part.
I hear the SOHC focus and 2004 f-150s use it. Anyone know for sure?

Users who are viewing this thread