Hard time shifting!!

FlatBlack04

Established Member
Bought this car from a guy and he says it has a Stage 5 clutch, and B&M short shifter supposedly. Clutch is beyond stiff but i got used to it so it doesnt bother me. However, i have a hard time shifting into gears, its like the shifter is way too stiff for its own good and my shift times are horrible. Only way to even SEMI bang the gears is if i put all my might into my shifts and that just isnt normal. Just ordered a stock shifter off a guy in here so we will see if that fixes it. Just dont have any idea why it would be so hard to shift. All gears shift smoothly, and there is no grinding or leaking coming from the tranny. So idk what in the world it could be, i hope it isnt the tranny but if it is, then damn. But i just want this resolved!! ANY help would be appreciated..

P.S. It takes me about 3 times the amount of time it should take, to shift.. So i lose races when i should have really whipped there ass.

Thanks guys

03 SVT COBRA

Established Member
Bad synchros maybe? That stock shifter won't make a difference. It's something internal in my opinion. Does the car shift ok when it's turned off?

10sec89

Established Member
When I was struggling with mine it was the clutch. Are you still using the factory quadrant, or do you have a firewall adjuster or adjustable cable? Could be simple as an adjustment and fluid change.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Adjust the clutch with a firewall adjuster and quadrant. Had the same exact thing happen with my custom built T56, RXT, MGW shifter, everything top of the line. Firewall adjuster saved the day. A few turns of it and it shifts sooooo smooth.

FlatBlack04

Established Member
How do i adjust the firewall adjuster? How do i find out if Im running the factory quadrant?
The car shifts fine when its off.

Users who are viewing this thread