Hardtop vs convertible?

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
When I bought my Terminator in 2004 it was a daily driver. Living in the PNW I needed a hard top. If I had been shopping for a Terminator as a pleasure weekend fun car I would have went for a Vert.

Summer evenings here it doesn't get dark until well after 10 pm. Then adding to that 70 degree weather and it makes putting the top down very desirable.

I guess to answer the question I like both, but if I had to pick in todays world situation for me.... I would be shopping for a convertible.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Coupe all the way, I would have a convertible if I had the space/money for another Garage queen but would have to be low mileage and stockish and the right colour.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Vert, because, well ya'll know this cat.
The blower whine and exhaust notes are especially satisfying from a friends hot rod when we're cruising.

IMG_2757.jpeg

Not Terminators, but I've owned 2 convertibles. The scenes, smells (good and bad), sounds, we've enjoyed sooo much during our cruises and trips couldn't be touched if we were in a coupe.

LV_Ford_Fan

Established Member
One really nice thing about the Vert is it is much easier to work on the interior with the top down. Taking the seats out for example.

I don't drive with the top down very much due to bad allergies. Something I did not think about when I bought the car.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
I have a vert. Initially I would've preferred a coupe but I was happy to have any Terminator at all, so I wasn't picky. When I first got the car, I never dropped the top until I tried it one day and I can't get enough of it now. It is so much more fun to drive with the top down. I do think with the top up, the coupe looks better than the vert, but when you drop the top on a vert and have the styling bar to go with it, I think the vert actually looks cooler. I understand some wanting the coupe for the lighter weight, rigidity, and safety, but if you're just taking the car out on weekends, cruising and doing pulls, vert all the way!

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
One really nice thing about the Vert is it is much easier to work on the interior with the top down. Taking the seats out for example.

I don't drive with the top down very much due to bad allergies. Something I did not think about when I bought the car.
And if you have cars seats … easy lift and put. Prefer verts (feel freer but coupe look better).

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
If you like cruising then nothing beats a convertible. The tops wear out and will need replacement eventually.

If you like high performance street or track driving then you need a coupe.

I think targas are there best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread