Has a super snake been confirmed for 2013?

dom418

Established Member
After watching a special on velocity on the 2012 super snake, it got me wondering about the '13. Will there be one? What hp rating will it be? 850?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
A friend of mine has a 2013 GT500 on order and it's getting sent to become an SS so I would assume so.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Yes, it has been confirmed. But the final details have not been finalized. Price, HP, etc. They are still building 2012's unil September.

91svtbird

Established Member
Well considering the 2012 SS will cost you an additional $60k over the cost of the original car why would anyone want to have their car SS'ed? The 13 ss will probably cost even more than that.

Given all the engineering FMCO has done to get the 13' where it is aerodynamically, suspension and power wise IMO it might look great but anything SAI will do will probably have a negative impact on overall vehicle performance.

If one is looking for more power just wait until Ford Racing PP comes out with their Whipple 850hp package for the 13'.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
^^^ I agree, although I do like the SS hood....however the only thing I really want is super snake wheels, flat black ( alcoas)

dom418

Established Member
Thanks. I think some people with the money want exclusivity and a Shelby that is actually worked on by the Shelby folks. It will be bad ass no out even though it's not the best bang for the buck, those cars will be collectors items one day for sure

peteypab2133

Established Member
I would rather NOT see a SS for 2013. Would like the GT500 to be the baddest mustang on the road.

But....... I do want them to make some new wheels already and put them up for sale!!!

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Its already been confirmed, 2013 GT500 is 800HP and I believe they said is based on last years engine and not the updated 2013... Winding Road | First Look: 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake 50th Anniversary

That's not a 2013 Super Snake. It is a special edition 2012 50th Anniversary edition. The 2013 Super Snake will be based on the 2013 motor. I have already spoke with Shelby about possibly having my 2013 converted. They don't have specs or prices yet, but it is confirmed.

NewYorkJon34

Established Member
I think the power level right now will be fine with me, I'd be curious to see what aero bits & suspension/brake upgrades they release.

bpmurr

Established Member
It's going to be really hard for Shelby to justify the value of a SS package without a lot of testing to show real performance gains.

BigDan

Established Member
Well considering the 2012 SS will cost you an additional $60k over the cost of the original car why would anyone want to have their car SS'ed? The 13 ss will probably cost even more than that.

The 2011-12 Supersnake package is a $34,500 option.

http://shelbyautos.com/buildone/2011SS-Exterior.asp

Its a viable option for someone who would like to build up an ultimate GT500 using all the good stuff but without it loosing value when it comes time to sell vs you or your local shop doing the work and it not being worth any more then a unmolested model.

Once you add it all up.... Whipple, Bear 6s Breaks, Alcoa 20's, Suspension, Exhaust, Body mods and labor all performed at SAI it's really the only way to go if you have the $$$ and eventually plan on selling like so many high end owners/ collectors do.

Last edited:

91svtbird

Established Member
The 2011-12 Supersnake package is a $34,500 option.

Shelby American Inc.

Its a viable option for someone who would like to build up an ultimate GT500 using all the good stuff but without it loosing value when it comes time to sell vs you or your local shop doing the work and it not being worth any more then a unmolested model.

Once you add it all up.... Whipple, Bear 6s Breaks, Alcoa 20's, Suspension, Exhaust, Body mods and labor all performed at SAI it's really the only way to go if you have the $$$ and eventually plan on selling to like so many high end owners/ collectors do.

I did see that the 50th anv SS was indeed $5995 , that's where I got the $60K. OK $34,500 + tax + shipping one's car out to LV and back....(another 3-5k at least)

As far as the rest is concerned, The 13' GT500 already comes with an improved 2-3/4"exhaust with higher flowing Cats and quad tipped mufflers, six piston Brembo's up front, lighter performance wheels, Electronic Bilstien dampers, CarbonFiber DS, Torsen diff...all of which is better than anything SAI will do. I have to believe changing to the SS hood would have a negative affect on aerodynamics and possibly even cooling. Oh and don't forget that full factory warranty that you will loose if it is SS'ed. To me it would be a step backward going with the SS package from SAI. The 2013 GT500 is already the Ultimate GT500 just the way it comes from Ford!

Users who are viewing this thread