Has anybody used the TorquePRO app w\ the bluetooth ODBII adapter?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
I used this on my Challenger and it would tell me everything, oil pressure, iat temp, knocking, just pretty much everything, also scans and tell you check engine\etc codes. Has anyone used this app + dongle on the Shelby? If so does it tell proper oil pressure and all the other things? I lost my blue-tooth adapter but I just ordered another one, I don't think the iPhone works with it but it may. My SRT had evic so I could always monitor oil temp\air intake temp\pressure, but the torque app helped a boat-load whenever I had issues and I got to use sensors that I couldn't use with the evic.
I am assuming I'm not the first so was just wondering what to expect.

Does calculates HP\TQ
Assuming our trans has a temp sensor it should be able to read that, as well as do 0-60 timings as it is directly wired, even c02 emissions and a lot more. But what it does varies from car to car, so please if you have it let me know how good it is and what is not a feature in the Shelby.
Torque-Pro-OBD2-Car.jpg https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Last edited:

et9secstang

Established Member
Ok I have a question, My snap on guy told me its awesome, so where do you purchase the OBD2 adapter from?

500_man

Established Member
11 and up do not read it.

That's the major issue with it. Aeroforce seems to have figured out the address for IAT2 on the bus, but I am not sure TorquePro could access it even if Aeroforce gave the address, which I assume they will not share.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
11 and up do not read it.

Well, just got my adapter I got the same one I used on my Challenger, as the Mini one in general I've heard does not work well. Seems to work well but I have not tested all the features (about half of them were cut out on the Challenger as the car just doesn't have that many sensors), big bump from the dead but yeah, sure is a neat app to have on your phone. Esp if you ever need to scan check-engine codes\etc. This is the adapter I use which is apparently "made" for the Torquepro app. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAOOQJC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll test after I get back from camping to see if it can check oil pressure and what not, just depends on what sensors are in our cars.

I am going to look into Dashcommand app as well, which on the 5.0 at least seems amazing
[video=youtube;GajkcGabZ5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GajkcGabZ5U#t=25[/video]

Last edited:

kwiksilver

Established Member
the free app has imitations in what you can monitor and the payed version offers more.
never opted for the paid version but maybe others will.
couldn't get iat nor a/f ratio on the free apps.tried a couple of them.
My Iphone had a very hard time with the app,it lagged and was very slow but my android was very good with the apps.

SuperFly03

Established Member
the free app has imitations in what you can monitor and the payed version offers more.
never opted for the paid version but maybe others will.
couldn't get iat nor a/f ratio on the free apps.tried a couple of them.
My Iphone had a very hard time with the app,it lagged and was very slow but my android was very good with the apps.

iOS Bluetooth stack isn't standard like on Android. You just can't get the same performance on iOS. I have an iPhone and iPad mini but I use a Nexus 7 for torque pro.

Users who are viewing this thread