Has anyone been able to contact Justin?

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
I have not been able to get him via e-mail,or phone call.. Here lately there hasn't been an option to even leave a message.:shrug:

JerryC

Established Member
I exchanged emails with him on 5/31, ordered an idler pulley and got it this past tuesday.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Pm me your info and/or call me Monday morning. We have two people answering the phone and it forwards to my cell, but we do get a lot of people calling all at once. Our hours are 9 to 5est only and we are closed for lunch from 12 to 1.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I know I emailed them several days ago requesting A6 tune info for my 2011 GT 5.0 A6 but nothing. Kind of nice way to start off things.

jojobee

Established Member
Same here from time to time i was able to get a very brief response from Justin and at other times no response whatsoever....

I nevertheless decided to give VMP a chance and ordered a tune for my Roushcharger equipped 2012 gt but boy am i bitting my nails now.....

Its been 13 days and no response at all from VMP about my paid tune...

Justin's tune might be great but the customer service is less than impressive.

What if i have an issue with my tune and need to datalog, will i get an answer ?

JerryC

Established Member
jojobee,
Call the VMP office number and ask what is going on.

Justin responds to emails from his cell phone a lot of the time, so his answers are typically terse.

30 years ago I worked at a speed shop and the phone literally rang all day long with people asking to speak the main guy. Race car building, tuning is like that, everybody wants the one guy there to do the work on their car. It doesnt matter how many people work there, they all want "the guy".

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Same here from time to time i was able to get a very brief response from Justin and at other times no response whatsoever....

I nevertheless decided to give VMP a chance and ordered a tune for my Roushcharger equipped 2012 gt but boy am i bitting my nails now.....

Its been 13 days and no response at all from VMP about my paid tune...

Justin's tune might be great but the customer service is less than impressive.

What if i have an issue with my tune and need to datalog, will i get an answer ?

Let me tell you what you will get.

1. You will not recieve a response for days on end.
2. Don't bother with e-mails. If you do decide to do the e-mail thing,keep it very short because all that will happen is it will get skimmed over very quickly no matter the detail you put into it and they still don't have a clue what you need,even if you include your original order number.
3. Don't ask advice on what parts to buy to take your car to the next level because that too will be ignored,even though you would buy all the parts from them.
4. You will not recieve a response for days on end..

It is a good thing i don't have the time to go to the drag strip every weekend because i would have pulled my damned hair out by now. Trying to get a Lund tune nets the same problems.What i will say is his tunes are dead nuts on for my auto roush car(performance wise),except for the surging issue i still have with mine.Nobody can help with that one apparently,or no one gives a shit,or both.:bash::bash:

If i would have known this going in,i would have went another route via procharger/stall/JMS tune.

Good luck with everything.I just hope you have better luck than i have.

James

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
Fwiw,
Justin answers my emails in a day usually.

What I do when I email him is ask the question and put the particluars of my car in the email.

For example my last exchange with him started with an email like this:
"Justin, I want to change the spark pugs out, I have the regapped factory plugs in it now with 24.5k miles on them? What do you recommend?
2011 Mustang GT, Roush SC, your tune, 79mm pulley, 90mm idler, stock airbox, stock exhaust with roush axelbacks"

I got answer back in a few hours. Sending an email like that lets him make a decision without going back to his records to see what mods I have. He can give me answer no matter where he is at and in this case he answered me back well into the evening long past shop hours. I do this everytime I send him an email as I dont expect him to remeber from the last time I emailed him.

Last edited:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I get so many emails that I am just overwhelmed. Best thing to do is call. We have 3 people answering the phone. If you have a pending tune order or support request ask for me.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I know I emailed them several days ago requesting A6 tune info for my 2011 GT 5.0 A6 but nothing. Kind of nice way to start off things.

And unfortuneately your internet complaint does zero to help you since there is no real name or email address attached to it. Even if there was a name, many people don't have a real name attached to their email. I am considering eliminating direct email support and going to a ticket system due to the number of emails I get that lack the pertinent information to help people, even the type of car a person has is often left out.

Please pm me.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Fwiw,
Justin answers my emails in a day usually.

What I do when I email him is ask the question and put the particluars of my car in the email.

For example my last exchange with him started with an email like this:
"Justin, I want to change the spark pugs out, I have the regapped factory plugs in it now with 24.5k miles on them? What do you recommend?
2011 Mustang GT, Roush SC, your tune, 79mm pulley, 90mm idler, stock airbox, stock exhaust with roush axelbacks"

I got answer back in a few hours. Sending an email like that lets him make a decision without going back to his records to see what mods I have. He can give me answer no matter where he is at and in this case he answered me back well into the evening long past shop hours. I do this everytime I send him an email as I dont expect him to remeber from the last time I emailed him.

Thanks jerry, right now I am laying in bed typing on my epic 4g phone with a 11 month old sleeping on my chest, lol. Isn't technology great.

jojobee

Established Member
I totally understand that Justin is overwhelmed with emails, everybody associates VMP to him (with reason) and want to talk to THE GUY that will make the final call and thus give the customer confidence that his motor will not blow up.

Unfortunately one single person cannot answer such a high flow of emails in a matter of seconds all the time.

My only concern is that many of my emails which were very detailed withn all the required info as Jerry C said were simply put aside and never responded.

There is nothing more frustrating for a customer than to take time to email a vendor in order to get their stuff and not getting an answer repetitively.

A late answer would still be good,much better than no answer at all in my book !

If i ever get my tune from Justin i will definitely call if i have an issue and need to have some datalog reviewed. I am now too afraid that my email would be lost among hundreds of customer requests.

Lets try the phone now :rollseyes

jojobee

Established Member
And unfortuneately your internet complaint does zero to help you since there is no real name or email address attached to it. Even if there was a name, many people don't have a real name attached to their email. I am considering eliminating direct email support and going to a ticket system due to the number of emails I get that lack the pertinent information to help people, even the type of car a person has is often left out.

Please pm me.

I must say that i was happily surprised that you took the time to respond on this forum yesterday..

Now that we've got your attention i took your advice to another member and pm'd you about my outstanding tune order 14 days ago.

I'll be more than happy to post good comments here if i ever get my tune files :rolling:

jojobee

Established Member
Guess what i just got in my email ...!

Justin replied to my pm today and sent me my tune tonight.

I'll load it tomorrow and report on it with my current mods...

Thanks Justin :beer:

jojobee

Established Member
Its done....the VMP tune is loaded!

Holy sh... thats not the same car, i cannot believe the difference from the Roush tune i had.

Justin.....freakin awesone job!

Thanks man.

i'll be reporting on the tech section my odissey with the tunes i had on this car before the VMP tune.
I had Steeda, Roush 540, Roush 575 and now VMP.

For those on the fence about switching from Roush to VMP do not hesitate to pm me i'll happily give you my personnal experience.

jojobee

Established Member
My tunes never caused any #8 failures, so there is no need for one.

Seriously, our 5.0 auto went 9.79@140 full weight and when we took it apart it looked spotless.

Thats good to know with all that crazyness about #8 letting go after an extended wot due to a lean condition caused by some parameter in the copperhead pcm.

Btw, i just sent you my strategy info you requested.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thats good to know with all that crazyness about #8 letting go after an extended wot due to a lean condition caused by some parameter in the copperhead pcm.

Btw, i just sent you my strategy info you requested.

You are also running a strategy designed for boost so that helps.

I have some family stuff going on so it may not be until my next office day, Tuesday, that I can work on it.

Users who are viewing this thread