Has Anyone Been Able to Order a New Shelby GT500 Yet??

Jbahoffman

Established Member
Has anyone been able to order a new Shelby GT500 yet???
We want to order one ASAP.
Anyone know???
Thanks!
We want an orange one!

OWNER OF 1970 MACH 1 428 CJ

crazyhorse06

Established Member
No, the car is not even finalized. You won't be able to until it is. That should be sometime next spring.

Hoyt Clagwell

I suggest you put your name in with a dealer soon, otherwise you might find yourself at the bottom of a very long list.

jshen

Established Member
Can't Do It!

I cannot sign on to a car that is subject to change as I type this...How many changes have we seen/heard of since NY show? ..I want a Shelby but I want to see the finished product. There will be plenty to go around, given what I heard...so I"ll wait....

R1Lello

Established Member
:burnout:

yes, signed sales agreement with refundable deposit if I'm not happy and msrp only and not one cent more.

Ken

Yes, I have put a 5k deposit at my local SVT dealer. We have 3 SVT dealers here in the JAX florida area, they all are taking 5k deposits as a option. 5k plus MSRP. It is fully refundable at delievery. I'm 3rd on list at one dealer. I'll have the option to buy the 3rd GT500 off the truck. I have no choice in the colors or anything, which i think that is kinda cool cuz I can't make up my mind which color combo i like. July 06 is the exspected DoD. If the Dealers jack the prices way up over 5k over msrp i guess they'll have mine to sell^^

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
5k plus MSRP. It is fully refundable at delievery. I'm 3rd on list at one dealer. I'll have the option to buy the 3rd GT500 off the truck. I have no choice in the colors or anything, which i think that is kinda cool cuz I can't make up my mind which color combo i like. July 06 is the exspected DoD. If the Dealers jack the prices way up over 5k over msrp i guess they'll have mine to sell^^

5k over sticker?
no color choice?
:bash:

You do realize that this car is NOT a limited edition, right? :d

Oh boy, and so it begins..
The lambs rush out to buy and pay whatever the dealer asks..

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Im first at my local dealer (who stopped taking deposits after 3, since there is no guarantee they will get more than that atm). 500 bucks, refundable, going to price of car, no more than MSRP.

Oh, and i get to pick the options and color when they place the order for their 3.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Benaa,
Can you do me a huge favor?
Can you give me the name and number (and the name of a salesman) of the delaership you're getting yours from for retail..

I want to have my dealership call them, since they dont believe me others are getting theirs for retail..

I am very close to buying a C6 Vette, so please save me! :D

bnglcat

Established Member
Purvis said:
Benaa,
Can you do me a huge favor?
Can you give me the name and number (and the name of a salesman) of the delaership you're getting yours from for retail..

I want to have my dealership call them, since they dont believe me others are getting theirs for retail..

I am very close to buying a C6 Vette, so please save me! :D

He is getting his from Audubon Ford here in Baton Rouge, LA.

Audubon Ford
11455 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA, 70816
Phone: (225) 293-8900.
Email: [email protected] .

I can't answer the part about the salesman, but that is the dealer information anyhow.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Thankyou!

Are there any other dealers that offered their allotment @ retail, on the East coast?

Jpjr

Established Member
there is something to be said for owning a car first. for that period, it is in fact 'one of a kind'. you'll get lots of compliments and a nice ego boost if i do say so myself :) i'd probably be on the list if i wanted this one.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
there is something to be said for owning a car first. for that period, it is in fact 'one of a kind'. you'll get lots of compliments and a nice ego boost if i do say so myself i'd probably be on the list if i wanted this one.
On a car thats already going to depreciate extremely fast from its MSRP, (as seen in every other Cobra to date) paying ABOVE MSRP makes about as much sense as lighting your money on fire.

For instance:
If your NEW Shelby GT500 depreciates about 20% in the first year (typical for a low miliage Cobra)..
And the MSRP was 40,000
You've just lost, in the first year of ownership, $8,000. (this is in addition to the monthly payment that you are paying to own the car by the way)

However, if you were stupid enough to pay Above retail..
Lets say for example, you paid $5,000 above retail..

The depreciation in the first year of the car is now $13,000!!! (because you lose the markup since demand hos now equalised by year's end)
And you've barely driven the car..
Thats a depreciation of about 32% in about a year's time.. :whine:

Its Funny and sad at the same time. :dw:

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Actually, I do know one guy that already ordered his "for real", which should come as no surprise. :lol1:

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Ok I'll bite:

DBK, how was this "someone" able to order?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Purvis said:
Ok I'll bite:

DBK, how was this "someone" able to order?

Because his name is in the oval :lol1: Said it's a great car, also no surprise :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread