Has anyone been given an August build yet?

Snoopy49

Established Member
the rep also told me that from start to finish a 2013 gt500 is built in 4 days from start to finish, from the chassis being built, then being pulled off the line to get the Shelby treatment, to painting, to quality control..... that all happens in 4 days. I don't know if that helps you at all but that was way less then I expected.

It was my understanding that the Shelby's were built on the same assembly line as the rest of the mustangs, no mention of them being pulled off the regular line and being finished on a niche line.
I can't believe that there is not one Auto Alliance plant worker on any of the forums, he or she would be a great source of information and would be able to clear up some of the myths surrounding the assembly process.

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
I ordered at the end of March and originally had a late July build date. It has since been moved to the week of Aug 06. Hopefully it will not get delayed again.

farmboy90

Established Member
Yeah, I am in the opposite situation. I originally had an August build, but my car is currently "In Production" and should be released for shipping this week.

Strangely, my window sticker still isn't available online!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It was my understanding that the Shelby's were built on the same assembly line as the rest of the mustangs, no mention of them being pulled off the regular line and being finished on a niche line.

This is true.

The only thing different is they go to another building for the stripes :)

Snoopy49

Established Member
This is true.

The only thing different is they go to another building for the stripes :)

Chris, do you know if all the cars with graphics are done in another building? That would make sense do the the additional time and expertise needed to apply the graphics. I don't see them stopping the line because of a screwed up stripe. That doesn't mean that they couldn't do it on the line, it just means that any screw ups would have to be dealt with after QA checks.
Is it possible the graphics get applied after paint and before the body gets to the line?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Chris, do you know if all the cars with graphics are done in another building? That would make sense do the the additional time and expertise needed to apply the graphics. I don't see them stopping the line because of a screwed up stripe. That doesn't mean that they couldn't do it on the line, it just means that any screw ups would have to be dealt with after QA checks.
Is it possible the graphics get applied after paint and before the body gets to the line?

Boss 302 and Shelby stripes are not done on the line.

Stripe-less cars theoretically should make it out of the plant and onto a car a day or so sooner- depending on how backed up they are applying stripes. Hence why the 1st two cars delivered on this forum (me and 72machone) were stripe delete.

farmboy90

Established Member
I saw a guy on another forum with a Ingot Silver and Blue Stripes. His was delivered before either of yours by a couple of days I think. Glass roof too. Looked really good. :)

I think his username is Barracuda or something like that.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I saw a guy on another forum with a Ingot Silver and Blue Stripes. His was delivered before either of yours by a couple of days I think. Glass roof too. Looked really good. :)

So much for my logic!

It is true however- that a car with stripes will take longer than a car without them- due to that extra step.

farmboy90

Established Member
Yeah, agree. Actually the guy with the ingot/blue stripped lived in Michigan, so far all I know his did take longer, but had essentially no shipping time.

So you probably aren't far off in your logic, and it sounds reasonable to me.

91svtbird

Established Member

If I'm not mistaken he ordered his car stripe delete then had the blue stripes put on after he took delivery.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
My car was finally issued a VIN on 7/19, yet strangely I don't have the exact build date yet. Is this normal? The dealer told me an early Aug build.

I'm just glad I have a VIN. It's starting to feel real now.

WAL

Established Member
My car was finally issued a VIN on 7/19, yet strangely I don't have the exact build date yet. Is this normal? The dealer told me an early Aug build.

I'm just glad I have a VIN. It's starting to feel real now.

Who knows what "normal" is in this process. :dw: Seriously, looks like your dealer gave you a pretty good estimate, a build date three to four weeks after you got your VIN is on target. Look for your window sticker around 7 days before your build (blend) date. Good luck. Looks like you're well on your way. :beer:

Last edited:

fhawk149

Established Member
Ordered 5-29-12
VOC 5-30-12
Dora Issued 7-11-12
Build Week 8-13-12

2013 Shelby GT500
Grabber Blue
821A Package
Car Cover

Order from dealer in North West Part of Ohio.

willfong

Established Member
Ordered 5-29-12
VOC 5-30-12
Dora Issued 7-11-12
Build Week 8-13-12

2013 Shelby GT500
Grabber Blue
821A Package
Car Cover

Order from dealer in North West Part of Ohio.

Interesting I ordered 5-29-12 and VOC issued 5-30-12. Called a few times and today to Ford customer service and SVT customer service - nothing - still in processing.
There really is no rhyme or reason to how orders are processed, VIN produced, or car built.

Ford needs to improve their processes!

Users who are viewing this thread