has anyone ever heard of this problem?

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
i picked my car up yesterday from the shop after getting the mods installed which included pulleys, bap, and an lfp h/e w/ reservoir. about a mile and a half from the place while stopped at a light, i noticed steam start to come through the heat extractors in the hood. i pulled over immediately before the temp gauge even moved and noticed that there was quite a bit of antifreeze at the front of the engine bay near the drivers side. i had my friend roll-back it to the shop. the pressurized the system and found no leaks whatsoever. they stated that they think there must have been an air pocket in the radiator fluid and after it heated up, it came through the overflow radiator cap. they did remove the radiator while doing the mods, so the fluid did have to be replaced, and i think they know they messed-up, but i just wanted to be sure they're giving me a reasonable explanation for what happened. sorry for the long-winded explanation and thanks for all the help.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
badsube said:
...snip... they did remove the radiator while doing the mods, so the fluid did have to be replaced, and i think they know they messed-up, but i just wanted to be sure they're giving me a reasonable explanation for what happened. sorry for the long-winded explanation and thanks for all the help.

No reason in the world to remove or even touch the engine radiator for those parts to be installed. Is this place at all experienced with mod motors or Cobras :eek: ?

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
postban said:
No reason in the world to remove or even touch the engine radiator for those parts to be installed. Is this place at all experienced with mod motors or Cobras :eek: ?

What he said.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Absolutely no reason to remove the radiator for any of that.

Maybe the aftercooler side puked?

Loose hose?

racebronco2

Established Member
radiator does not need to be removed. what they probably did was not bleed the air out correctly and fill the overflow to the top causing it to overflow once the engine started getting warm.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
radiator does not need to be removed. what they probably did was not bleed the air out correctly and fill the overflow to the top causing it to overflow once the engine started getting warm.

What he said and a shitty plastic radiator cap. :rollseyes

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
makes it a ton easier to get the lower off if that stuff is out of there, though.
i believe that's the reason they did it. it was the first time they did modifications to a cobra, but they have always done a stellar job on my other cars in the past. i think they really just wanted to get in there and take a good look at what they were doing. they also told me they were going to do this ahead of time, so i don't think they were trying to jack up the bill or anything. i picked it up yesterday, and they did a free interior/exterior and engine bay detail job for me. it seems to be running just fine now, but i am taking it easy yet. i'm glad with the way they handled the problem though. thanks for the great input guys. jason.

Users who are viewing this thread