Has anyone installed a lighter driveshaft?

whitebluestang

I am wondering if anyone of you have installed a lighter one pice driveshaft on your Boss, and if yes if you have any issue with it.

Reason behind the question, I did it and all is fine till your drive a bit faster (> 80 mph) when the vibrations are starting. I have no modifications except the alu driveshaft done.

The installation of the shaft went well, no issues there. Is there anything special which has to be looked at during the installation, which is Mustang specific (like pinion angle set to zero or xxx)?
The driveshaft seems to be balanced, so we are a bit puzzled. :shrug:

Would be great if you could share your experience and perhaps give me an advise.

Many thanks in advance.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I'm not planning on installing one but inquiring minds want to know if the CF driveshaft off of the 2013 GT500 will fit. :rolling:

whitebluestang

Thanks for the quick feedbacks.

@black03, did you do something special during the installation like looking at the pinion angle or so? Do you have perhaps something like an installation guide for non technicians?

The question regarding the fit of the CF driveshaft off the 2013 GT500 is a good one.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I'm not planning on installing one but inquiring minds want to know if the CF driveshaft off of the 2013 GT500 will fit. :rolling:

Rick do we know if it's a one piece or two piece? Also we need to know if the trans lengths are the same...:??:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Rick do we know if it's a one piece or two piece? Also we need to know if the trans lengths are the same...:??:
I know nothing about the DS other than it's CF and OEM on the GT500. I doubt it will fit but it's worth asking...

cloud9

Established Member
Almost all one piece DSs seem to have some degree of vibration in the S197s. That's why Ford put a 2-piece in there to begin with. My 1-pc aluminum was ok with an adj UCA in my GT500 after they reset the pinion angle. Once I switched to a torque arm without PA adjustment, I had issues again. I ended up with a 2-piece aluminum/chromoly that diminished it significantly, but it's still there to a slight degree.

Users who are viewing this thread