Has anyone removed the foam in the intake sound tube?

Bushguts

Established Member
I did and it sounds artificial and isolated so I put it back. Maybe because I only removed 2 pads of foam because I couldnt get the round part of the tube open to get the 3rd foam pad out. It was hard since it had so many clips that once I undid 1 clip the other snapped back in. I gave up.

What's your thoughts and experiences on this?

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Then you won't hear anything and be left with a hole unplugged

IMAG1097.jpg

Go to O'Reillys Auto and get this plug for the firewall then go to Lowe's and get a plug for the CAI.

5ohpowa

Established Member
I pulles all 3 foams. That and my gt500 mufflers and boss side exit h pipe it makes all the right sounds. Too much sound deadener in these cars to remove the tube. If i wanted a quiet car id of bought a lexus lol

ed209

Established Member
**** that shit. i removed mine the moment i got it, i used a brake master cylinder gasket and a furniture cap from lowes.

Bushguts

Established Member
I pulles all 3 foams. That and my gt500 mufflers and boss side exit h pipe it makes all the right sounds. Too much sound deadener in these cars to remove the tube. If i wanted a quiet car id of bought a lexus lol

How did you get the round part with all the clips apart? Every time 1 clip unclipped it pushed the rest of them back in

wingless5.0

Established Member
I removed it all together. Cleans up the engine bay and makes it sound amazing inside the car. Get rid of it and dont look back

SicShelby09

Banned
How did you get the round part with all the clips apart? Every time 1 clip unclipped it pushed the rest of them back in

I used like 4 little flat head screw drivers. I would get them all in the clips holding them apart, then crack it open. It was a pain, and I ended up putting most of the foam back it. It was worthless to pull out. In the end I pulled the whole sound tube out and plugged the firewall hole with a rubber desk plug from home depot. Its worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread