Has anyone Swapped Tranny gears????

Blk 02

Established Member
Swaped them to the 2.97 2.07 1.43 1.00. First gear would be almost the same as the 2.66 first gear with 4.10 in the rear, and from what everyone says 4.10 are awsome. Why would ford put a close ratio trany in a car with such a broad power range. Also from what i have seen (doesn't mean it will happen) the 07 gt 500 will have the 2.97 gear set.. I dont think it would be too hard, people already swap the 5th 6th gear set.

Graham

Blk 02

Established Member
postban said:
Obviously NOT, it would have required a search, like you did :thumbsup:

your quick helpful reply spared the noob the fate of dirka-dirka and getting the :wf: flag thrown.

Hey postban guessing from your ignorance I guess you didnt read the thread because nothing there answered my questions. The only thing was two people that swapped the 5th and 6th gears and no input about the swapping of the first three gears.

Ok I can agree that this cold go into another forum but so could over 50% of the threads in Terminator talk. But thanks anyway

Graham

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Blk 02 said:
Swaped them to the 2.97 2.07 1.43 1.00. First gear would be almost the same as the 2.66 first gear with 4.10 in the rear, and from what everyone says 4.10 are awsome. Why would ford put a close ratio trany in a car with such a broad power range. Also from what i have seen (doesn't mean it will happen) the 07 gt 500 will have the 2.97 gear set.. I dont think it would be too hard, people already swap the 5th 6th gear set.

Graham

There is a guy on one of the Texas Forums who has done the gear swap you are talking about. Wish I could remember his name. But he's played with a couple of different ratios and really loves what he has. I think he ended up with somewhere around a 2.80 first gear and a .5 6th. These cars will REALLY respond at the drag strip with a lower first gear if you can hook it.

The reason the car has a close ratio box is because it HAS a broad power band. Wide ratios are to help under powered cars get moving. That's for street use...drag strip use is it's own animal.

The 05 GT500 is supposed to have the lower 1st gear...but it's only running 3.31's in the rear.

Now...let's see...you have 50 some posts and you are ripping on Postban?? This is a guy who knows these cars and is respected here. If and when you build a 660 hp Cobra that looks and runs as well as his does, you can speak up. Until then, shut the hell up, listen and learn.

You can keep your mouth shut and people will wonder how stupid you are, or you can open it up and everyone will know.

Last edited:

Blk 02

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
There is a guy on one of the Texas Forums who has done the gear swap you are talking about. Wish I could remember his name. But he's played with a couple of different ratios and really loves what he has. I think he ended up with somewhere around a 2.80 first gear and a .5 6th. These cars will REALLY respond at the drag strip with a lower first gear if you can hook it.

The reason the car has a close ratio box is because it HAS a broad power band. Wide ratios are to help under powered cars get moving. That's for street use...drag strip use is it's own animal.

The 05 GT500 is supposed to have the lower 1st gear...but it's only running 3.31's in the rear.

Now...let's see...you have 50 some posts and you are ripping on Postban?? This is a guy who knows these cars and is respected here. If and when you build a 660 hp Cobra that looks and runs as well as his does, you can speak up. Until then, shut the hell up, listen and learn.

You can keep your mouth shut and people will wonder how stupid you are, or you can open it up and everyone will know.

Well thanks for the first part that was more of what I was looking for as far as the second maybe you should go back and reread the previous posts. I wasn't ripping him I got irritated with his post. I do a search, don’t find the answers, ask a question I get " :wf: " and “use the search” when it wasn’t called for. When I went to post I looked at the topics in terminator talk and saw there was someone asking if he should go c-6, tko or stay t56 or the one about which line lock is the best??? Nobody there got flamed. I didn’t ask a super technical question, I didn’t ask how to do it, only if anybody had any info. Just because I have 50 posts doesn’t mean I a noob, those who know me know that. If you also look I've been a member since September of 03. I’m not asking which pulley should I go with 2.76, 2.8, 2.93 or which cai is the best. I understand there is a lot of traffic hear and a lot of posts that could be solved with a search however when you do a search and don’t find anything useful then ask a question why the need for a flame suit???

WDW MKR

Established Member
I think everyone is trying to explain that regardless of whether or not you performed a search, there is a forum specifically for transmission questions. Just because others make it a habit of cluttering this particular forum with questions better suited for dedicated forums doesn't mean you need to do the same.

Blk 02

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I think everyone is trying to explain that regardless of whether or not you performed a search, there is a forum specifically for transmission questions. Just because others make it a habit of cluttering this particular forum with questions better suited for dedicated forums doesn't mean you need to do the same.

I totally understand but to single me out....... well just it just rubbed me wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread