Has anyone who has ported their '03 S/C had any NEW problems?

03miamisnake

Established Member
Has anyone who has ported their '03 S/C had any NEW problems?

How many miles sice it was done?

Also, what were your hp/tq gains?

I apologize if there is already a thread out there on this?

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
1. No problems
2. approx 20000 miles
3. Dunno, did it at the same time as my TB and a few other things. But my cars last tune put down 498-508 RWHP/ 501-512 RWQ SAE depending on which smoothing you use.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Dude, porting has only been happening for a couple weeks. It will be awhile before any problems arise, if any. Can't see any in the future myself.

03miamisnake

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
Dude, porting has only been happening for a couple weeks. It will be awhile before any problems arise, if any. Can't see any in the future myself.

I think a little longer than a couple of weeks, but your point is taken. SoCalBlk03 said he has had his for 20k (first reply), though. Also, it might only take a few days to figure out if you have a stall problem after the porting but not before. Thanks for the feedback.

Griffin

Established Member
I have to add 3 90mm Metco Idlers now because I am over spinning the belt if I get on it over 4000rpms in 1st, 2nd or 3rd:(

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Just to let you know griffin, replacing the other 3 idlers with Metco 90mm wont help because those are the same as stock sizes. Stock ones are 3 1/2 inches which is either 90 or 92mm, cant remember. I think I remember from the other thread you said you were holding your boost or onlt loosing a pound. That is excellent!! Most of us loose 2 to 3 lbs.

Griffin

Established Member
Sam,

I can only hold boost if I hit it under 3500rpms in 1-2-3rd. Anything higher and I overspin and loose boost:( I think I might have to go back to the 2.84 I had on for more tention on the belt. And I am back to 14psi. The rise in boost was caused by the cold weather down here:(

:beer:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yeah, I've been fighting boost drop off forever now! Some folks say they hold boost and loose none but it remains to be seen! Can't wait to get my ported blower on!!

trey193

Established Member
Every 03 I have rode in with a smaller pulley has lost 1-3lb's of boost , my car makes right at 14 and falls back to high 12's to 13 @ redline, until someone makes a vid of a full throttle pull to redline with a good guage I wont beleive it when they say they hold boost to redline!

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Get the Billetflow 4 idler setup, looks the best IMO and gets the job done.;-)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by trey193
Every 03 I have rode in with a smaller pulley has lost 1-3lb's of boost , my car makes right at 14 and falls back to high 12's to 13 @ redline, until someone makes a vid of a full throttle pull to redline with a good guage I wont beleive it when they say they hold boost to redline!

Couldn't have said it better myself! I only loose 2 with a upper/lower combo which I think is pretty good.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member

I agree also guys, that doesn't make sense Griffin.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
When i was at the dyno today we checked to see if i picked up any more boost with the ported blower and my car still made 14 pounds of boost then dropped to 12.5 pounds at 6300rpms which i thought was not bad.

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by HIGH ROLLER
When i was at the dyno today we checked to see if i picked up any more boost with the ported blower and my car still made 14 pounds of boost then dropped to 12.5 pounds at 6300rpms which i thought was not bad.

What were your before and after porting #'s??

Griffin

Established Member
Maybe my boost gauge isn't working:dw: :(

I know when I dynoed yesterday I had the guy check and it held until redline.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread