Hatchback or Notchback Fox Body Mustangs?

Hatchback Or Notchback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Wow lots of nice notches on ths thread keep 'em coming guys. :beer:

P.S YoungGun what power is that notch making? ET's? Trap speed? and EpikMach your notch looks so clean with the 10th anniv wheels good choice.

Last edited:

408-COUPE

Established Member
im partial to coupes

CarPictures096.jpg

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
The only hatch I really like is the '93 Cobra (and preferably in Teal). Other than that it's Notch's all the way baby! :)

Are you a painter by trade? Your cars are excellent looking and you've got good tatse in colors:rockon: I want your teal terminator sooooooo bad!

Teal Terminator

Established Member
The only hatch I really like is the '93 Cobra (and preferably in Teal). Other than that it's Notch's all the way baby! :)

Are you a painter by trade? Your cars are excellent looking and you've got good tatse in colors:rockon: I want your teal terminator sooooooo bad!

I wish I could take credit for the Teal Terminator but I bought it already painted and "assembled." But one of the main reasons I did buy it was b/c of the color and quality paint job. I've only painted a few items on that car to match while I have upgraded it.

But the Notch I did paint and no I am not a painter by trade. That was actually my first attempt at painting and I have to say it turned out better than expected. The car was primer grey before that and I decided what was the worst I could do, lol. I figured even if it turned out like shit I could just respray it primer black. It did have quite a lot of post-work to do on the car b/c I had a decent amount of orange peel but I had put on a few extra coats of clear just for that reason. It was a long tedious process but I would still say one of the most enjoyable and rewarding of any I've done.

Thanks.

bergs

Established Member
i've loved notches since the early 90's but they are so desired and such a mythic car these days that they are over priced and played out. dont get me wrong, i LOVE them, but you dont see too many super clean hatch lx's anymore. everyone concentrates on the coupes. here's my old hatch
88-lx-1.jpg

jvert

Established Member
I like both.....especially the cobras!!! If I didnt get a cobra I would want the notch. I really dont like to much the GT body kit.

Picture002.jpg

YoungGun

Established Member
Wow lots of nice notches on ths thread keep 'em coming guys. :beer:

P.S YoungGun what power is that notch making? ET's? Trap speed? and EpikMach your notch looks so clean with the 10th anniv wheels good choice.

The car has a 2V motor in it with a Vortech YSI blower. At 17 psi it made 637 to the tires. The smaller pulley should be about 30 psi so guessing around 850rwhp. Car has only made one pass which wasn't clean (had to pedal at the 1/8th cause it went towards the wall) and ran a 9.34 at 145. Going back this weekend though so should get some more times, pics, and hopefully some vids. Oh and the wing is painted and the windows will be tinted soon.:rockon:

Mentos

Earn this
Established Member
Owned a '90 GT for 7 years.....loved it. Sold it for a '93 LX hatchback (in sig) with low miles. .....had to get a notch, so I found a '93 LX notchback 4-cylinder car to work on as a project car. ...I like all Mustangs, but I'm partial to LX hatchbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread