Hate to ask... racing seats or any options to sit lower in the car?

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
Hi... i figured this has been beat to death but apparently the forums will not let me search this. says the search words are too common. also search won't let me search a specific forum to narrow it down. really hate asking questions that beat a dead horse.

my driver seat is F'd. finding a saddle leather replacement has been pretty much impossible. i looked into getting them recovered but by the time i pay a shop that's a lot of money. not to mention when i got my seat adjusted to where i want it, the damn power seat stopped working!

i did see that S197 seats were put in an SN95 recently and they aid they sit lower in the car. that would be great since i am 6'3" and more torso in height than leg. going to scour some junk yards to see what i can find because eBay searching has been kind of a mess locating what i want. true these seats will fit without any ridiculous fabrication?

next question. looking at Sparco R100's as an option as well. i had some racing seats in a MK1 Rabbit for an autocross car and they weren't exactly too low into the car... with a helmet i was contorted in there pretty awkwardly haha! anyone know if those seats or mabe the SVE seats go in with possibly sitting lower than stock or at least the same height?

thanks and sorry again to beat a dead horse ...damn search function

JustinG60

Terminatorless : (
Established Member
mainly for my own search records if i need to find that thread again some day because the key words are too short or generic to yield a result...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?690403-S197-Seats-SN95-Cobra-Sexy!

kind of answers one of my own questions but still curious about racing seats. generic google search has people saying racing seats are higher some say the same, some felt they sat lower... wonder if anyone can chime in with experience? thanks

centerforce

Established Member
kind of answers one of my own questions but still curious about racing seats. generic google search has people saying racing seats are higher some say the same, some felt they sat lower... wonder if anyone can chime in with experience? thanks

It depends. It will usually be easier to get a side-mount race seat into a lower position than a bottom mount seat. We have even seen people of your height remove the seat mounts/sheet metal completely, and bolt the seat to the floor (with additional bracing on the bolt holes) to get a comfortable seat position.

Users who are viewing this thread