Hate to say it but... Killed an 03 cobra

88gt5.0

Established Member
Hate to say it but... Killed an 04 cobra

Hey guys I was stopped at a red light getting ready to get on the highway (which I was coming from getting my gears done). When i saw a orange 2004 cobra so as soon as I saw it I put the turn signal and followed him. I got next to him and he revved it at me. We did the three honks off of a 15 mph roll and I started pulling on him right away like about 1/2 car, by the end of 4th gear I had about 1 car on him then we let off. We get the next red light and I got a pretty good launch and left him behind about 1/3 of the car behind but I missed third gear and let off. After that we gave each other the thumbs up and I turned right and he turned left. One way or the other for me there is no better (affordable) car than the 03/04 cobras :rockon:

Last edited:

tapout632

Established Member
What do people mean when they say "Missed 3rd" or "Missed 4th" how can you miss shifting gears?

YELL03

Established Member
Nice kill!

Being the former owner of a 12.2 03 Cobra, a 12.3 Blown h/c/i 88GT,
and the current owner of a 11.6 blown h/c/i 92 LX which now is even faster wth a Vortech instead of a Powerdyne.....

This story would be much better with more detail (your mods&type blower) and especially if you know if he was pullied or not.

03/04 Cobras are solid high 12s stock, mid 12s with minor mods, and high11s to low 12s with a pulley.

Again nice kill, but fill us in.

Howard

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by tapout632
What do people mean when they say "Missed 3rd" or "Missed 4th" how can you miss shifting gears?

Getting ahead of yourself and letting the clutch out before the shifter is all the way in gear which will result in a loud "WHIRRRLLLLL", and you usually have to wait for that noise to stop before it'll go in gear again.

Mattz

Established Member
Originally posted by tapout632

Heh, I dunno about others but driving around town, I can haul ass all the way through the gears no problem, but when I'm about to race I guess I get so excited I end up messing up my shifts sometimes. Sucks.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Nice kill

Originally posted by Zinc03Cobra
seeing a blown application in his sig, he's gotta have a lil something to beat a cobra :) nice kill.

I'm doubting it was the blown GT, I don't think it would have enough for a Cobra. It was probably his 1997 Lariat.

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Originally posted by Grey03Cobra
Nice kill

I'm doubting it was the blown GT, I don't think it would have enough for a Cobra. It was probably his 1997 Lariat.

He said it was a new 04 Cobra - probably not broken in, and a new driver to boot. Very believable story.

I say good kill - even if it was canibalism :-D

Dan

88gt5.0

Established Member
hey guys sorry i haven't had a change to reply but my mods are, a powerdyne blower with the 9lb pulley,vortech intake,24# injectors with 75mm MAF,MSD 6AL and coil,70mm throttle body and spacer,bbk shortie headers with O/R bbk H-pipe and magnaflow dumps, A/C delete,3.73 gears,nitto 275/40/17 drag radials, and a ok suspension. After this weekend it will have a e-303 cam, ford racing timing chain, and a 125 shot :rockon:

I have seen that guy around and his cobra is all stock but his going to pulley it pretty soon. he ran a 13.8 here at bandimere which is 12.8 at sea level. So thats a good driver(atleast is what I think).

-Ivan

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Good kill.

With the right mods, a blown GT will kill a Cobra. My GT is naturally aspirated and within spitting distance of a stock 03/04 Cobra. Add even 6# of boost and the Cobra better have some mods.

Dave

Sephiroth

Established Member
Originally posted by YELL03
Nice kill!

Being the former owner of a 12.2 03 Cobra, a 12.3 Blown h/c/i 88GT,
and the current owner of a 11.6 blown h/c/i 92 LX which now is even faster wth a Vortech instead of a Powerdyne.....

This story would be much better with more detail (your mods&type blower) and especially if you know if he was pullied or not.

03/04 Cobras are solid high 12s stock, mid 12s with minor mods, and high11s to low 12s with a pulley.

Again nice kill, but fill us in.

Howard

Exactly Watson!
There is NO WAY a GT would EVER beat a Cobra of any year!
Why, If you were to look down a few posts, you would see that a 97Cobra with gears an exhaust, can beat a supercharged 99+! Yes, it may sound totally STUPID, but, on SVTPerformance, it is true!
Next time, we will need a dyno-graph, blood test, drug test, your mods, what the temp was outside, and pics, also your wife/father/mother/sister, providing pics, and various other sources of similar modded 'said GT's' with info to back these pompous claims that a GT coule EVER beat a Cobra.
Good day.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Originally posted by Sephiroth
Exactly Watson!
There is NO WAY a GT would EVER beat a Cobra of any year!
Why, If you were to look down a few posts, you would see that a 97Cobra with gears an exhaust, can beat a supercharged 99+! Yes, it may sound totally STUPID, but, on SVTPerformance, it is true!
Next time, we will need a dyno-graph, blood test, drug test, your mods, what the temp was outside, and pics, also your wife/father/mother/sister, providing pics, and various other sources of similar modded 'said GT's' with info to back these pompous claims that a GT coule EVER beat a Cobra.
Good day.

LOL :lol: :bowdown: :D

Users who are viewing this thread