Have a question about handheld tuners

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I own an SCTx3 handheld tuner with tunes in it for my 04 cobra. Can this unit be used on other vehicles, i.e. have the tuner load new tunes in it, or is it mated or locked to a specific vehicle once you use it? And if it is locked what is needed to unlock it?

While i won't need it for the cobra anymore, its possible i can see needing to use it for the new car toy, not sure if it makes a difference if its ford/chevy/mopar. I would expect the port to be standard on all newer cars.

If its locked, it may as well go with the new owner.

LW

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
They are vin locked to your car.The only way to use it on other vehicles is to re-install the stock tune to the car,and it makes a difference on the brand of car,Ford,Chevy,etc.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I figured out that they are different for different makes, the chrysler/dodge products have to use the older model, the x3 works for fords. I had planned on giving it to the buyer of the car anyway, as the car is set up and drives on one of the custom tunes. If I was going to go ahead and trade the car in on a new car, i would reload the stock tune and take off the performance mods because i'd get nothing for them at a dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread