Have a timing question

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
I have a 2.8 pulley, catback exhaust, and a drop in K&N filter. Just got a tune and was told the timing is set to 22.5 degrees. Any insite on this would be great. I have never heard for the timing being so high. Car runs good. It doesnt seem to be much faster than before but the drivability around town is way better. Just seems to me that that is pushing it pretty high. I was also told with those small amounts of mods I would see 465-470 rwhp.

Cravinmohead22

Import Hater
Established Member
Who tuned it? If it is a reputable shop, I'm sure it is fine.

I dont wish to say who tuned it because i dont want them to think im bitching but it is a reputable shop. Just all the post on here about xxx power on a safe 17 of 18 degrees of timing kind of threw me off when i hear 22.5. Im very new to fuel injection tuning with a/f ratio and datalogging. Just trying to be safe. Ill try and figure out how to datalog it while im on the dyno. I hope the shop will show me how its done so i can send the file back and have the tuner check it out.

03ChvyEtr

New guy
Established Member
every motor is different for example my buddy has a kb 2.8 on a built motor and so do I his car has just about the same timing making 750 and mine has 19 in it and i make 745, both of us have 20lbs+, as long as its tuned right im sure its fine like mentioned above but make sure your iats are low, and the air fuel is right, you do not want to detonate!! hope this is helpful

Users who are viewing this thread