Have the Cobra R's become the forgotten Mustang?

Cobramustang1993

Established Member
In this tight nit group of R owners this might seem crazy to imagine such a special group of cars to becoming lost to the sands of time. When the R’s came out they were all over the covers of every car magazine and they would get nothing but praise from all who drove them. I have had my YouTube page for a little while now and I have done a bunch of videos with my 2000 R and the most common comment I get is people saying they never knew this car existed. From an average person I would expect that but it’s usually from someone with mustang pictures or videos in their own channel. Even when I go to car shows I always have people ask things like, “where did you get that wing” or “what do you mean this thing is stock”. Could it be from the production numbers being so low? Are people focused on the newer stuff now?

I have owned these cars since the late 1990's, and the main reason many
people are unaware of the cars is that most of them are tucked away in
collections....Mine were under 100-mile cars, but I still make an effort today
to take my93R Wrapper to shows...Yes it is a trailer queen, but most 3rd Gen
Mustang owners certainly are aware of the cars, and are AMAZED when they
do show up at shows....

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Amazing car, kind of an oddball on the fact that it really wasn’t meant to be daily drive n. I think that has caused to to be more of an unknown to younger generations than forgotten. You could and still can buy a Terminator and daily drive it with all the creature comforts of that time and it still is daily driven by some and make big horsepower. The Cobra R was and still is an out of reach car for most gear heads.

I won’t forget it! It’s a bad mammajamma!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread