Have tick, no warranty, run it til it pops

Slo Poke

Established Member
I bought an 03 vert with 5500 miles on it. I didn't know it when I bought it but it has the tick. The warranty is gone and the revised heads will run me $1400 through fordsvtparts plus $1900 install at MPH. The car was stock but I have started the mods. Bassani o/r x and catback w/ turndowns, custom 8 point roll bar and just ordered JLT true CAI. I am waiting for Monday so I can order the 2.76 pully and idler from Billetflow. The car only has 8100 miles on it now and I know that the tick is caused by poor coolant flow causing worn valve guides over the #7&8 pistons. I have one more year till I get my degree in mechanical engineering. Until then, money is somewhat short. I want to wait until I start working full time and do things right. New revised heads, custom MPH grind cams, retainers, springs and Diamond or CP pistons and bassani mid-lengths. If the motor is out for the head swap, might as well make it worth it right? My question is: do you guys think I will have a problem with the added boost and heat until then. We are talking about 18 months and I drive the car every day 50 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread