Have you done a K-member swap?

pennywisegt

Audio & Video Production
Established Member
If so, tell me about both - replace the oem for a different oem, or aftermarket. Which one did you go with? How hard was the job? Did you pay someone to do it? How much did you pay them? How long did it take? Did you need to weld anything, or did everything just bolt right in?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
first thing ill ask is if you daily drive the car.

i am dropping this setup in my car soon...ive been lookin at it though for like 6 months and found ALOT of info. id say if you daily drive the car, go with the MM setup. its strong and will last..only downside is you have to relocate the oil filter, its only 10lbs lighter...and its $600.

now if you dont daily the car but use it on the street sometimes (like me) then you can prolly get away with a full tubular setup. i am going with the AJE Racing setup for road racing. I have heard nothing but Excellent about the AJE stuff. if you ask for the road racing setup they actually have a couple extra braces on the K-member and one extra on the A-arms. its a bit more money but well worth it for street driving and its still 25lbs+ less than the stock stuff. id stick with them or even d&d...i believe they also will add the extra bracing. and make sure to get mild steel.

now if its only a drag car, get whatever..upr, qa1 ect. their kits are made for engine support, chassis support and lightest weight possible. i mean what do you want for $200? i have heard of people using them on the street, but they had squeaks and pops and didnt feel too safe with it. you have to remember there is ALOT of twisting and moving up there and the weak cheap stuff WILL eventually break and it might coast you alot more in the long run. id hatte to be going down the highway and hit a good pothole or something and my front tire fall off because a tubular a-arm broke.

just do yourself a favor, spend the mony on the good stuff and youll be happy and fell better....and youll go FASTER!!!

hope this helps... :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread