Having problems with my car, NEED HELP!!

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Even though my car is not a cobra, this section generally has a lot of helpful people watching. Thanks in advance guys.

Right now I have three problems with my car. The first problems concerns me a lot. I have about 56,000 miles on my car and I know that a clutch replacement is about due. Anytime I am driving below 2000rpm, it feels that the car cuts out or lags at random times. When this happens, it feels about the same as when you set your car in cruise control and your car starts going down hill and then all of a sudden the cruise control decelartes in order to keep the set speed and then goes back on the gas again. Another example of how my problem feels is when your driving along and your car gets hit by a big gust of wind and the car slows down for a bit and then goes back to normal.

The second problem is when I make slow right hand turns it feels like something hits me under my seat but there is nothing on the floor behind me. Could this be a bad transmisson mount? Could this be related to the first problem?

The third problem is my Emergency brake light comes on when I get on the brakes. I checked the pads and I checked the brake fluid level. They don't appear to be bad. Any ideas?

Last edited:

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
I got a stage 3 clutch if you need one, as for the surging check all your intake connections for leaks, then check your fuel pressure when driving, your intank pump maybe going bad, 2 check your trans mount and motors, exhaust hitting the frame or sway bar and for a problem I had loose control arms in the rear. did you do anything to your brakes recently, if the fluid is near minimum it will do that, if there is a pressure sensor you could have air in the system or bad valve or master cylinder. if you have abs see if there are any codes. and the best check and play around with the sensor on the e-brake, maybe loose or going bad

notfastenuf

vertias y aequitas
Established Member
Problems 2 and 3 - just trying to use deductive reasoning here - both on the same side, something possibly rubbing / pulling on the e-brake cable underneath which may be your problem 2 issue. Basically 2 might be causing 3.

Did they start around the same time? Or have these been ongoing issues? Have you crawled underneath to inspect the e-brake line?

These are just ideas, someone else chime in - I haven't been around these long enough to offer common problem suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread