Having some issues with HID's

EL Conquistador

Established Member
Well I haven't drove my car in a month but since the clutch in my truck bit the dust i had to drive it to work today got it out last night let it run headlight's and fog lights worked fine but now neither headlight will come on but the fogs and running lights work fine, i checked the fuses they were good,polarity good,batter y voltage is good too and since the headlights are on separate ballasts but both went out together i don't think its the ballasts or bulbs so i'm scratching my head. does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?

btw i've had this hid kit for about two years

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Check your grounds....dont know how your wire harness for the mains are run but ballast get hot so make sure you check your wire harness for burns if you have it tucked somewhere with the ballast

EL Conquistador

Established Member
PROBLEM SOLVED...i feel like an idiot for not noticing this before since i'm the one who installed the hid's but when i said all of the fuses were good i was looking in the fuse box i forgot the fuse for the headlights was run on the wiring harness leading to the box..needles to say when i was checking the wiring for damage i noticed a melted fuse i dont know what caused it to blow but when i replaced it with another 30 amp fuse they worked fine...

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Haha we all do dumb stuff.... good you got it fixed, i just ordered my hids and can't wait to get them in!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Got mine from DDM the full kit for mains/fogs with high/low beams 35k came to $129.60

Users who are viewing this thread