Having Spark plug issues! Few ?'s

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I have a 2.93, CAI, SCT tune, MRT catted-H pipe, and Magnaflow CB for performance. I put in NGK TR6's gapped @ .038 during my pulley swap and the car ran like a champ for about 1,200 miles or so. Started experiencing a slight miss at low RPM's a few weeks ago which has since turned into a miss that occurs up to about 3,500 RPMS unless I'm WOT. I checked the gap on the TR6's and it was still @ .038. I then re-gapped them to .035 and it didn't change. May have been worse actually. I don't have pics right now, but the plugs were totally clean around the electrode and ceramic parts. Looked almost new still. There was a slight amount of white residue on the "arm" at the top of the plug. By arm I mean the arched part above the electrode that you bend to change the gap. The white stuff wiped right off. I then took the TR6's out and re-installed the stock platinum plugs(22FM1 or something like that...I know it had a 22 somewhere at the beginning) and they were gapped around .036-.037 and it improved some, but it is still present. WTF? Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.

BTW: The car still runs good, just low RPM cruising sucks and w/ the loud exhaust, it is VERY noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread