Having stripes painted on.

SicShelby09

Banned
And Im freaking out. I just dropped my car off at a local shop to have stripes painted on. They were done a few days ago in vinyl, and the installer screwed them up and decided to trim them several times ON THE CAR with a razor blade. Needless to say, he left several score scratches on my roof and hood that were so deep, they would need to be wet sanded and recleared. So I decided to just have the stripes painted on, which will fix all the installers ****ups. So it should be done friday morning, but Im scared. They said they would be able to do them without removing the glass or mouldings from the car, and that they would only have to put down the black for the stripes and clear over top. So no getting into the actual color coat. Here is what the vinyl ones look like on my car, and they are going to copy them and paint them on.

photo2.jpg

SicShelby09

Banned
HOLY **** man i would have handed them the keys back and said its yours....

You cant do that. They would just call a tow truck and have it towed. Then I would be responsible for that bill. ****ing ford. You get what you pay for is what I told them. You are not willing to step up and have the defect fixed by a qualified shop for what it would actually cost, so once again you get what you pay for. I am on the search again for another car. Maybe in a few weeks they will have more inventory.

Entrenched

Established Member
When I had my stripes painted on, they pulled the hood, front, and rear bumper cover off the car, sanded the clear down and sprayed everything. You can see where the stripes wrap under the hood and bumper covers. They then recleared the affected areas. You can not "feel" the stripe on my car. Cost me 1k to get it done but it's been well worth it. Ford paint tech did it at his booth at home.

Sucks on the vinyl. GL!

SicShelby09

Banned
i was gonna ask if you are... did you get your cammed tune?

Nope, no cam tune yet. Those tards over at torq told me they were still selling it, then the next day said no. There is a serious conspiracy with Ford going on here. Three separate shops I called a week ago said the same thing. That they all dont have the tune 100% yet and pulled it from the shelves until they could get it nailed down. As for the stipes, I saw a car this shop already did and it looks great. So I guess I will see on friday.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
****ing ford. You get what you pay for is what I told them. You are not willing to step up and have the defect fixed by a qualified shop

Your car was damaged by Ford prior to shipment? After shipment? By a Ford franchise?

Users who are viewing this thread