Having Trouble Getting Belt On After Putting On Whipple SC

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I am having a shop install the Whipple and everything is on and locked down, but they are having trouble getting the belt on. The manual recommends a 75.1" Gates belt (or the stock belt). I bought a Gatorback 75.0" belt instead. It does not seem to be fitting...

Does anyone have any idea that might help to get it on?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
The method I use to get a belt on is simple. Get the belt over the lipped pullies and then after getting all of the belt on use one of the last idler pullies to slip the final little part on. If you can just slip it over that smooth edge of the idler at the end it will be much easier. Not easy but easier.

DSG03Cobra

Established Member
ArcaneParadise said:
I am having a shop install the Whipple and everything is on and locked down, but they are having trouble getting the belt on. The manual recommends a 75.1" Gates belt (or the stock belt). I bought a Gatorback 75.0" belt instead. It does not seem to be fitting...

Does anyone have any idea that might help to get it on?

What size upper pulley are you running? Do you have a stock lower? Any idler pulleys?

I know on mine, w/ the BF 4 idler setup, stock lower, and 3.00 upper, I needed a 77.0 Gates belt...

GetBitBiatch

Is that your gf's car?
Established Member
I have the same setup and I had to use a 76.0" Gatorback. If you are using the stock 3.50" pulley on the whipple you wont be able to use the BF 100mm idler cause the belts will be too close together.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If you are using a snub idler you will need to install the pulley onto the bracket after you have the belt routed through everything else and on the blower pulley.

-Jeff

TEABG

Banned
GetBitBiatch said:
I have the same setup and I had to use a 76.0" Gatorback. If you are using the stock 3.50" pulley on the whipple you wont be able to use the BF 100mm idler cause the belts will be too close together.

:lol: :lol: :nono: :nono:

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
I had to get a 76 inch belt, even with the tensioner notched the stock belt was pretty much maxing out the tensioner.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
GetBitBiatch said:

Is this true? Because I plan on using my BF idlers when my car gets back from Ford and I order my whipple.

DSG03Cobra

Established Member
forcefedcobra said:
Is this true? Because I plan on using my BF idlers when my car gets back from Ford and I order my whipple.

Very well could be... I've got a 3.00 on mine, and you can tell how close it already is...

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I plan on going with the stock 3.5 at first but after upgrading the clutch and fuel system I will upgrade to a smaller pulley.

That is good to know that way I dont get elbow deep into the thing and find out it wont work. Now it brings up other questions.

Would a 90 mm work vs. the 100 mm and what belt size would that need. Would a 100 work if I get the old style BF idler bracket? And most importantly. How long will I be happy with the whipple at 13 lbs before I go nuts and bump it up to 19? LOL!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That is a good point that I forgot. I have the old style bracket.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Hey Hissman. Did you start with the 3.5? With the old bracket does it look like it might fit with a 3.5?

TEABG

Banned
forcefedcobra said:

Whipple 3.5" pulley, 100MM BilletFlow idler pulley with the new bracket design. Combo works perfect, there is a picture above in my sig within the last few post.

taco

Banned
TEABG said:
Whipple 3.5" pulley, 100MM BilletFlow idler pulley with the new bracket design. Combo works perfect, there is a picture above in my sig within the last few post.

thanks...i was worried at first

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I started with the 3.25. But like TEABG said, it should work fine.

-Jeff

forcefedcobra

Established Member
that is good news. Thanks for the help everyone. My car should be home from Ford next week and should have the heads fixed along with some other problems. If it all checks out modding will begin and the warranty will be thrown in the trash. Lightly boosted whipple to start and then more boost as I build supporting mods!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread