Having Trouble re

Sirhc7897

Established Member
my 2011 seems to have developed this intermittent squeal/rattle. I just noticed it in the last day or two but it could have been going on for a while for all I know...

At first I thought it was a belt or pulley (have heard the alternators are notorious for going out on these things but now I'm not so sure...

It doesn't seem to be happening constantly. Seems to be most prevalent in 2nd & 3rd gears between 2k & 3k rpms. Also it seems to be much more noticeable on decal...

I do not hear it at all at idle or sitting in neutral and trying to bring the car up into that rpm range...

If it was a belt or pulley I'd think I would be able to pick it up at idle with the hood open trying to find it but it seems to be just as smooth as can be at idle or as long as it is not in motion?

Any thoughts on what it might be or where to start looking?

I'd like to find it before it finds me and leaves me on the side of the road if possible...

sorry about the title...My USB keyboard plugged into my laptop apparently glitched and I didn't notice it...

railroad

Established Member
Might be related to engine tq movement. Something touching or rubbing while the engine is torqued over.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
My squeel came from my rear brakes after a bent axle (brakes sqeeling on and off) you may want to check your rear wheels to see if there is a wobble on either side.

Users who are viewing this thread