"He Started It"....13' SRT8 Charger/13' 50, A6

466roller

Established Member
Getting some gas tonight and up rolls a SRT8 charger. Guy looks at me and says "it sucks when a bigger dog rolls up, huh". He caught me off guard, so I asked "what"? He repeated and said, "I'm just kidding and rolled up his window. Gets out and I said "oh, well I know your not talking about that thing". Ended up being a nice guy and we talked cars for a few. Asked him his mods and his first response was " if I loose than none". He popped the hood and had a CAI, thermostat and a diablo tune. Then he asked if I wanted to give him a quick run. I said sure. What speed 30-40? No too fast. He wants to go from 10-15mph?

We lined up, 10mph roll, even start, as soon as I start to spin he pulls a fender, I shift up into drive and immediately start pulling, he lets out after I have about 2 cars on him. Couldn't of been much faster than 60ish.
Slow down he says he thinks he jumped the start, okay.

2) From a dig, clean start both cars top of first I'm already a half car ahead, shifts into 2nd and again he lets out around 60, had probably 3 cars on him. Slow down and he says he can't "stall it up", okay

3) From a traffic light, both agree we're leaving on green. This time he's loading the converter, light turns green, he gets out about a half car. I feed more throttle, even up just before the 1-2 shift, then I'm checking out. He of course lets off, about the same time as previous runs, but the race was well over by then.

Basically, 13' Srt8 Charger with CAI, tune on Nitto invo's gets humbled by 13' A6 with a tune on Goodyears!
like the title says, "he started it" .

Last edited:

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Lmao...That is awesome man. Way to represent the 5.bro community. Those 392's are no joke with a little tuning and intakes. Just heavy ass cars.

Troponin

Established Member
I am going to be honest, I let off about 70-80. I just don't feel that doing much more than that on MOST roads is worth it if I either get caught or crash. If I had a chance to, I would just let the person know I am all for a dig up to that, but will let off at that point.

That said, that's pretty impressive. I had always heard the Charger was faster than the Challenger, and everyone says the Challenger is faster than the 5.0, yet you took a Charger, showing, yet again, these cars are close enough, it's most likely a driver's race.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Getting some gas tonight and up rolls a SRT8 charger. Guy looks at me and says "it sucks when a bigger dog rolls up, huh". He caught me off guard, so I asked "what"? He repeated and said, "I'm just kidding and rolled up his window. Gets out and I said "oh, well I know your not talking about that thing". Ended up being a nice guy and we talked cars for a few. Asked him his mods and his first response was " if I loose than none". He popped the hood and had a CAI, thermostat and a diablo tune. Then he asked if I wanted to give him a quick run. I said sure. What speed 30-40? No too fast. He wants to go from 10-15mph?

We lined up, 10mph roll, even start, as soon as I start to spin he pulls a fender, I shift up into drive and immediately start pulling, he lets out after I have about 2 cars on him. Couldn't of been much faster than 60ish.
Slow down he says he thinks he jumped the start, okay.

2) From a dig, clean start both cars top of first I'm already a half car ahead, shifts into 2nd and again he lets out around 60, had probably 3 cars on him. Slow down and he says he can't "stall it up", okay

3) From a traffic light, both agree we're leaving on green. This time he's loading the converter, light turns green, he gets out about a half car. I feed more throttle, even up just before the 1-2 shift, then I'm checking out. He of course lets off, about the same time as previous runs, but the race was well over by then.

Basically, 13' Srt8 Challenger with CAI, tune on Nitto invo's gets humbled by 13' A6 with a tune on Goodyears!
like the title says, "he started it" .

not calling bs, but one point it is a charger and the next its a challenger??? I am hopeful that is a simple typo. I would not a win from those speeds get to your head though, the 392's are roll monster's and very happy from 70 on.

Troponin

Established Member
I said that about the GT-R and CTS-V.

lol Troof!

I mentioned before, I had a chance to test drive a CTS-V, second generation, used with 40k miles on it. Was all stock and auto. It's like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde when you put that pedal to the floor. It was VERY impressive and just felt like it could rev and pull in to oblivion. Unfortunately, they still wanted $42,000 for it and it was a 2009. Seemed like a lot of money for a 5+ year old car.

466roller

Established Member
not calling bs, but one point it is a charger and the next its a challenger??? I am hopeful that is a simple typo. I would not a win from those speeds get to your head though, the 392's are roll monster's and very happy from 70 on.

Sorry about the typo at the end, it was definitely a charger. I thought the race would've been closer myself. The outcome may have been different from a roll on but that was his choice.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Sorry about the typo at the end, it was definitely a charger. I thought the race would've been closer myself. The outcome may have been different from a roll on but that was his choice.

haha look at my typo..I meant to say, I would not put to much stock in a win at those speeds...the driver should have known better..

OneSlowV

Established Member
Its because the speeds he chose is shit for that car. 15 mph i spin the tires off with the new tune. The diablo tune i ran made my car slower until i got a real tune from hemi fever. Would of been a better race for him from a 50-60 roll in second. My car pulls strong up top from that speed past 100 mph. Good kill none the less. If you was closer i would love to run you and show you how they really run.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
I like how you guys take the big dog thing so literal it was probably a joke.

epsa5x.jpg

466roller

Established Member
I like how you guys take the big dog thing so literal it was probably a joke.
Yeah he was definitely being sarcastic. I figured we would be pretty even down low with him pulling away as we got going. I thought those cars trapped 110-113 stock?

Users who are viewing this thread