Head Cooling Tube

97_CobraSVT

Established Member
When I was putting my engine back in the car I bent the tube in the back of the passenger head and I must have cracked it because it seems to be leaking coolest form there now. I knew I bent it but didn't think it cracked :cuss: Does anyone know where I can one get or have one they want to get rid of. I know there are head cooling mod kits out there and Im getting one for my new engine build Im doing but I just need this for now so Im not leaking coolest. Thanks!!

MustangMatt77

Established Member
No idea where to get one other than the mods, however I almost bent mine putting it back in - it's a pita.

For anyone messing with this piece - be careful.

Also when it comes to the o-rings for it and the front cross over tube - ended getting them at Napa as the other stores couldn't replicate them.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Why don't you just remove it, find the crack and have it welded up? Likely way faster and and certainly cheaper than trying to locate a new one.

97_CobraSVT

Established Member
Why don't you just remove it, find the crack and have it welded up? Likely way faster and and certainly cheaper than trying to locate a new one.

Thats's plan B, but its looking like thats what Im going to have to do.

Ogre39

If its cracked toward the top, just cut it off below the crack. Slide a new hose on and clamp it down. I cut the one on my Mark VIII swap way down to give more room and clearance at the back if the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread