headed south...

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
Well a lot of stuff has happened to me over the past 2 years, but it is all starting to change. I was laid off of my job of 8years last month, but looking back, I probally needed to move on just needed a push out the door.
Long story short,I accepted a new job in Raleigh NC :banana:
The way i see it there will be a couple of extra top down months compared to PA.
After checking the map, I was surprised to see just how close to VA beach I'll be, so when MACA cruisies down, I'll cruise up. It has been great getting to meet everyone, and I'm sure I'll be at some of the BIG gtg's. Can't stay away from a good cruise....and I'll still be trolling the message boards!!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
You will welcome the reduction in cost of living. I lived in Mebane NC for about a year and half and VA beach was right on 4 hours with almost no traffic at all.

Just beware of the southerners ragging on you about being a yankee. One of the reasons I was glad to move back north again.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Long story short,I accepted a new job in Raleigh NC :banana:

Well welcome to the neighborhood. :)

If you are looking for another Mustang group to join, come check out the Heart of Carolina Mustang club. You can find us at hcmcstangs.com. Another local (all makes/models) board is hpjunkies.com

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Good luck to you Ken. :beer: The Raleigh area is nice, the cost of living is lower and yes more top down weather. I went to college in NC near Charlotte and I spend time every summer in Kitty Hawk on the Outer Banks (3 hours East of Raleigh, great beaches). NC is a nice state.

32vofFury

WHINE & DINE!
Established Member
I will be going to college at UNC Charlotte...unfortunately the cobra wont be attending so i can't cruise up with you for any GTG's. Sorry

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Ken, great to hear you got a new job. Good luck. Also sorry I didnt go to englishtown last weekend but I got bombed last saturday and was still drunk when I woke up on sunday. Yea I am an idiot.

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
Thanks everyone...I'm really looking forward to the move and a fresh start. I am totally prepared for the locals giving me a hard time about being a "Yankee" I have temp housing in Cary NC, which I am told is short for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees"
In the meantime, the cobra is taking a little sleep, I think the PA GTG on Sunday was the last cruise for awhile. It won't be joining me till I buy a house, with a BIG garage….Damn and I was just getting uses to the gears!!!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Thanks everyone...I'm really looking forward to the move and a fresh start. I am totally prepared for the locals giving me a hard time about being a "Yankee" I have temp housing in Cary NC, which I am told is short for "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees"
In the meantime, the cobra is taking a little sleep, I think the PA GTG on Sunday was the last cruise for awhile. It won't be joining me till I buy a house, with a BIG garage….Damn and I was just getting uses to the gears!!!

Sounds like you may need a hauler to get your things moved? The Don will hook you up:rockon:

TRBO VNM

definitely hit up snakecharmer when you get down there. I always love passing through on trips and hanging out with Eric. he has been there forever, so he is a great resource to help you get around and find your way. I would be tempted myself to move there if the job presented itself.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member

I lived in Raleigh before moving up to VA and loved it and had to get back to NC. Yes, you will get a lot of crap from people about being a yankee (I am a native new yorker), but the area is loaded with Yankees, so you'll feel like you're home... just warmer.:beer:

snakecharmer

Established Member
We like Damn Yankees. Just don't run for office (if you do, you become a damn f***ing Yankee :-D ).

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
Living in Raleigh, and made the move from the Annapolis area (for school), and lived in MD my whole life until now. I can tell you right now that if you like the big city like Baltimore and Annapolis, you won't like it here. Honestly, there isn't nearly as much to do as the Baltimore/Annapolis area, I don't really like it that much. Really the only thing to do is go to parties and bars, and go to games here at NC State. Haven't seen that "southern hospitality" yet. Working with the Sheriff's Office I've seen a lot of problems with gangs in schools (middle and high). Hotter than F*ck in the summer (worse than when I was in Tampa last summer and all the summers I've lived in Md.)

Although, on the plus side, the cost of living is awesome, and is definitely a major plus. For the price you can buy a shed in Md you'll have yourself a brand new townhouse with a two car garage. Also, there is a bad ass mustang shop around here, fastlane motorsports, I just went to their open house. If you're lookin for a local forum for NC, check out horsepowerjunkies.com

Needless to say, I will be moving once I graduate in the Spring. I'll be heading down to Tampa. There just isn't enough to do around here, very boring, you have to drive 2+ hrs to do anything; I guess I'm more of a big city person.

Oh yeah, and the Yankee thing gets real old real quick, when a bunch of hicks don't realize that MD is BELOW the mason-dixon line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread