Header Gaskets

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
are they a one size fits all and are they reusable. I noticed i had a MASSIVE exaust leak on the at the headers, front of the engine. When i picked my car up i remember my engine builder telling me to tighten up the bolts again after a day or two of driving because the type of gasket that was on there compresses/shrinks a bit. I could only get to the back two on each side, though.

So anyway, I've got BBK Longtubes and am wondering if some gaskets are better than others or should i just go back with a BBK replacement gasket.

96badvenm

Established Member
dont us ethe BBk's they are junk... always use NEW ford factory gaskets. I had to take my headers back off and put new gaskets on because my LT's were leaking so bad.

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
+1 on those OEM gaskets, Ive got BBK's that I installed myself over a year ago with new oe gaskets and I have no leaks, i never had to retighten anything.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
okay. thanks!

hopefully gonna be able to get the motor down to the shop to have it transferred over. Just need to get some 2x4's together and strap the motor down to a pallet.

txSVT

Established Member
DO NOT order the ford gaskets from summit racing. i did and they blew out...made of some kind of soft black carbon shit. I ended up going to a local ford performance parts dealer (tommie vaughn ford) and picked up the thicker metal two piece ones. cost $29.62 for one side.

hotpony

Established Member
I used some Mr. Gasket ones that work great, no leaks with Stage 8 locking hardware. BBK Ceramic longtubes on the 96 Cobra.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
another vote for the stock gaskets with bbk long tubes. they are dual layer metal, and work great. speaking from multiple exhaust leaks.

Users who are viewing this thread