header install - diff question

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Guys, considering mac longtubes this winter. Just have a couple install questions for those that have done.

First, anyone have any problems with getting the original manifold bolts out? Just wondering the likelyhood of having to doctor up the heads (ie helicoil etc).

Secondly, for those who dropped the k member did you unhook the abs sensors from their plug ins (I assume there is no way in hell they will come out at the hub) ? Where do they plug into the harness?

Any other bits of advice or experience is welcome.

Thanks
Mike

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I never had a problem getting the stock bolts off. Sometimes the studs would come out with them, but its no big deal to put them back in.

And the ABS sensors will come out of the hub no problem. You just have to remove strut from the spindle mount first otherwise the sensor will hit the bolts that mount the strut. If you want to remove them at the plug, it is in the fender under the wheel well liner. I've done it both ways and I found it easier to remove it from the hub.

Pitmitch910

Established Member
ive done it by droppin the k member, i did have to buy bolts for the headers u wont want to use the stock pos's i bought stage 8 bolt they ahve a retainer clip so they cant unthread on u. its quite simply once the kmember is off

Users who are viewing this thread