Header install

gtmustang003

Established Member
Does anyone have or know where there is an install guide for puting headers on an 03' Cobra? Thanks

DOHC

Just Mod It
Established Member
what headers? I got bassani's a year ago. Its like a 8 hour job. drop stearing column, unbolt motormounts and jack up engine. lets just say the headers are still in the box.

GotBoost03Cobra

Big Pimpin' Spendin' G's
Established Member
Had long tubes put on the GT last week... the master tech said **** you on my cobra. he told me he didnt like his hands bleeding.. well, i convinced him to do the cobra when i get around to it but the install is going to be 450 bucks!

InfamousSVT

Boosted
Established Member
Installed Bassani Mid-Lengths on my car with help from a friend!

Jack up the car, set on Jack stands.
Drop the K-member
Install Headers
Re-install K-member
Lower car
Listen to the roar

Takes some time, but we did it in the drive way on jack stands.......not too bad! :-D

MystichromeVert

Established Member
InfamousSVT said:
Installed Bassani Mid-Lengths on my car with help from a friend!

Jack up the car, set on Jack stands.
Drop the K-member
Install Headers
Re-install K-member
Lower car
Listen to the roar

Takes some time, but we did it in the drive way on jack stands.......not too bad! :-D

I did mine the same way... twice. :bash: After the first install, I took the car out and discovered that I had some leaking at the header flange (you could only hear it at moderate load, nothing at idle or free revving it). Had to do the whole thing over again. The bright side was that it only took 1/3 of the time on the second try. Even with my problems, I didn't think it was THAT bad.

Top_Fuel said:

Excellent link for reference. I would also recommend getting a copy of the Helm manuals for our cars if you're going to attempt the install yourself. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread