headers question.

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
just wanted to ask how much hp would I gain from lets say some bbk longtube headers. right now I made 496 rwhp and 531lb tq and was wondering what I should expect from this. I wanted 500rwhp :(

thnx

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
2.93 upper 4lb lower stg 4 port accufab throttle body jlt cai. o/r x and magnaflow cb

and supporting mods of bap and injectors. mafia coming soon

Last edited:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
It will help the flow and sound. Should get you well above 500rwhp. I would recommend some cooling mods too.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
WOW!!!!! A four HP gain for 2500.00. Check your other post, here I copied and pasted it, "Toolbox on wheels nimrod, use the search button. It is documented by several individuals that there is no gain for your set up. Stick around and read a little more. I hope you spend $2500 or more and see no gain rookie jerk wad".

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
wow dont know what the post above is all about. but you should gain a little bit of horsepower and youll be making less heat with it. you're probably going to loose some torque but youll be more "efficient"

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
ya utfan is a ***n tool. First off, headers are not that expensive, it's the install. Try and do it yourself first.. I'm doing mine next weekend. And yes you may loose a little T but once you get up into the 500hp/tq range it's a good idea.

Neutrinodl18

Established Member
I already have some cooling mods. evans, lfp heat exchanger, and that ice box. I don't think I should worry so much about torque loss as long as it doesn't drop it like 30 rwtq lol I have 531 rwtq right now. yeah I don't know why he thinks I didn't search I did but just wasn't convinced and wanted to hear a more up to date thought on this. I guess some people like being jerks and not even helping at all :shrug:

if I do get some I do plan on doing it myself like the rest of the car :)
thnx for the responses

p.s. next time I will go on a cold day, 102 degrees really sucks lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread