Headers

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
Can anyone tell me where to get some headers for a 93 L and what brand would be best? Also wondering if this was a good upgrade or if i could get same power increase with another upgrade around the same price?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
lightninmike said:
go jegs, summit sucks

Mike that's not true. You may have talked to one asshole. But I have bought thousands of dollars worth of parts from them without 1 problem.

Sorry you had a bad time there. :rockon:

Litening 94

Established Member
do you want long tube or shorty headers ? if you want shorty headers get Bassani, they bolt right up to stock exhaust with no problem. If you go with long tubes get a set that has 1 5/8 primarries. Jegs and Summit are you best choices in finding long tubes. I would personally go to Summit they are great to work with.

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
for shorties, basssani can't be beat. For long tubes, well there's this feller named Pickrel that makes some nice stuff... he makes both 1 5/8 and 1 3/4. Other tan that, for long tubes, I think Kooks makes a set, but it'll cost you.

351inside

Established Member
whats better shortie or long tube to get more horse power, and how much horsepower will they give you?

What about bbk Headers are they good?

Matt95L

Established Member
Longtubes make better power.Horsepower will depend on the rest of your mods and how well your engine is tuned.

Last edited:

roostracing

Established Member
jegs and summit only supply 1 1/2 long tubes...ive called and they are not worth it..you need at least a 1 5/8 or bigger to make the $$ worth it. They have several shorties but the way to go is long tube. Pickrel exhaust is best for the $$.

1STGenBrodix

Established Member
Headers all depend on how your running your lightning. If your running the stock cam and valvetrain than shorty headers will be the best for your set up. In theory you can get a lot for power from long tube headers but if your not pushing the air to produce proper back pressure then the long tube headers are actually hurting you. The Lightning motor was designed to be a "torker" motor and thats what shortie headers offer you, very good mid torque range performance. And yes the Bassani shorties are an excelent option to consider, just try to find equal length if you can

Matt95L

Established Member
Even a bone stock truck will see good gains from properly sized longtubes especially down low.Every shorty vs longtube dyno comparo i've seen had the longtubes making much better low/mid range power than equally sized shorties.The only reason to use a shorty over a longtube is fitment or emmisions issues.

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
remember, with the 1 5/8 long tubes you will have to notch the frame on the pass side.

lightningguru26

Established Member
Pickerel??? where can i contact him!!

i hear nothing but good about this guy but cant find anything on the web about him, can anyone help!!! i would love to see what he can do for my 1994 L! thanks alot!

Jeremy

lightningguru26

Established Member
Thank You!!

thank you very much, i have been searching the web all day and night trying to find something about him, thanks alot man!

Jeremy :-D :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread