headers

lilnatedogg21

Established Member
I have a mac pro chamber on my car, and i am going to buy the back "cta-back" system as well. I am thinking that I will buy mac headers since i am gunna have mostly mac exhuast, but i have a friend that has some flowtech headers. I am wanting to buy his, but i also want the whole MAC exhaust from the headers back. Give me opinions on what you think.

94CobraPace

Established Member
I am not a fan of Mac headers, the reason is that they do not have a solid flange. I have removed and reinstalled a set of mac headers on a fox mustang and they were warped and had a biotch of a time reinstalling them. FRPP makes a good header that has a thick solid flange and is stainless steel.
Don't get headers that have individual flanges, get the solid 1 piece flange, it is much better.
Also get the jet hot coating or ceramic coating if funds alow, wish I would have spent the extra $$, well worth it.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Ditto on the Mac headers. I too have messed with warped sets of them. Their cat-backs aren't bad, but the headers are very prone to not being true, especially noticeable when you change the gaskets.

lilnatedogg21

Established Member
I am not goin to go with mac headers. Should I go with FMS headers? I also have a mac pro chamber, so i was planning on getting mac cat-back. Should I go with 2 chamber flowmasters or mac cat-back?

MD COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by lilnatedogg21
I am not goin to go with mac headers. Should I go with FMS headers? I also have a mac pro chamber, so i was planning on getting mac cat-back. Should I go with 2 chamber flowmasters or mac cat-back?

In case you didn't know, you can't use the pro chamber with L/T Headers. Unless your getting shorties, you'll have to modify it.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
flowmaster you will lose about five hp, mac is better. If you can afford it, go with borla xr1 race mufflers. Awesome sound and performance

Users who are viewing this thread