headers

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
I had no idea where else to post this. I'm looking at headers for my 99 cobra with a P1. Which is better: Mac or BBk? I'd love to do Bassani or Kooks, but I don't have that kind of skrillah...

coposrv

Established Member
I haven't run anything from Mac. Everything from BBK I have used has been decent for the money. I would try and find the headers that have the thickest flanges available and invest in good gaskets.

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
I haven't run anything from Mac. Everything from BBK I have used has been decent for the money. I would try and find the headers that have the thickest flanges available and invest in good gaskets.

I just checked on both of them. They both have 3/8" flanges and are both 1 5/8" tubes.

Also, I googled it and found multiple posts on other forums about the same thing. Looks like Mac are definitely favored over BBK unless I could afford American Racing or Kooks. Looks like I'll probably be going Mac.

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
Just posting my own experience. MAC may be far better than BBK I don't know. If it were me, unless on a max effort car I would go with what ever gave me the least chance of exhaust leaks. Do you have a tube K?

Cobi-Wan

Established Member
Just posting my own experience. MAC may be far better than BBK I don't know. If it were me, unless on a max effort car I would go with what ever gave me the least chance of exhaust leaks. Do you have a tube K?

Nope, it's got the factory K. Anything would be an improvement over the factory manifolds. They have to be the most restrictive crap that Ford has ever produced.

1/4MILEMUSTANG

wish I was fast
Established Member
I have always had better luck with BBK due to them having a 1 piece flange vs. Macs individual flanges which dont always lign up. As for gaskets...best setup ive found are factory gaskets with copper rtv.

Sprayed2v

Established Member
I don't have a cobra but I do have Mac l/t on my gt. From what I found out when researching them Mac is a better looking header, no trash from welding and such, and doesn't have clearance issues with the steering rack. I saw alot of people complaining about there bbk headers having trash all over them and a clearance problem. But I guess every header company could assemble a lemon n ow and again just my 2cents.

Users who are viewing this thread