Headlamp recommendations

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I am looking for headlamp recommendations to wear while walking around the property at night. It needs to have a spot/concentrated beam. I prefer a simple on/or with no extra modes. I would also prefer rechargeable.

The common types I see are for working in crawl spaces, doing mechanic work etc which are a usually flood light patterns. I'm looking for distance. Under $150 preferably if it checks all the boxes

MG0h3

Established Member
I’ll go grab mine out of my ride but it’s battery powered.

We end up remote/extended so battery is the only way.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I've got the Ledlenser, H7R in the truck. Super bright, great spotlight and lasts a while on a charge.
Only downside I've noticed so far is the battery gets a little warm over time while on.

Morgan

Established Member
I have a few Petzl’s and would buy more if needed. The batteries are great/ reliable, the lamps are lightweight and simple to manipulate with one hand.

_Snake_

Established Member
I’ve been using this one for a couple of years and continue to be impressed.

MG0h3

Established Member
I have a few Petzl’s and would buy more if needed. The batteries are great/ reliable, the lamps are lightweight and simple to manipulate with one hand.

Petzl is what my team has been using since at least 2006.

I used to hang one off my dogs neck when we were tracking groups in the mountains. Used the same piece his whole career for 7yrs @1250 apprehensions/300 tracks and it never failed.

Ran the unit that took 3 AAAs and it would last for what seemed like forever but on the dim setting. Just wanted him to see if there was a drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread