headlight aiming?

ARdoller

Established Member
how do you adjust the horizontal aim on these headlights? the only screw i can adjust when i pop off the side markers, adjusts the vertical alignment. theyre pointing slightly to the drivers side, and its horribly noticeable when i put the high beams on.

snake6778

Established Member
Put some washers under the screws?

I'm only saying that if there is no horizontal alignment. I'm not sure I haven't looked on mine yet.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
The horizontal alignment is adjustable from the inside most posts that are in front of the radiator, but a ratchet on them with a tiny metric (maybe 4mm but I forget) socket on them and turn like crazy.

ARdoller

Established Member
thanks. i think someone was trying to say that on another forum, but they didnt say where you find where to do it... he just said "I believe its a 4mm socket and I can get them on there and slow do a little bit of wrenching at a time to adjust them."

i had no idea what he was talking about. ill take a look there when i get home.

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
here, i went to the garage, and took some pics for you, remove the panel that is above the headlights, and then, put the 4mm socket as you see in the pictures and that's how you adjust it, if you want to move them more in vertical, remove the sidemarkers, and you'll se a screw...

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

ARdoller

Established Member
i have no way of reaching the ones that are near the radiator. theres crap in the way that i cant move, and the pins stick out too far. i dont know what to do. ill have to try the outer ones and see how that works.

Bullitt66

Adiccted SVT Poster
Established Member
the ones near the radiator moves the headlights from left to right, the outer ones moves them up/down...

Users who are viewing this thread