Headlight haze?

buddha93

Established Member
Those of you with low mileage cars, or ones that stay garaged for long periods of time, do your headlights develop a light haze on them?

I'm not talking of the yellowing of the lenses, or anything like that. My black car over a period of just a few months develops a white haze on the headlights, almost like a wax application that was never buffed off, but not nearly that heavy. This stuff you can wipe off with your finger.

I suppose it's some sort of oxidation or the plastic or something. I'll probably use some sort of automotive wax to "seal" them and see what happens. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this.

cdh027

Established Member
Those of you with low mileage cars, or ones that stay garaged for long periods of time, do your headlights develop a light haze on them?

I'm not talking of the yellowing of the lenses, or anything like that. My black car over a period of just a few months develops a white haze on the headlights, almost like a wax application that was never buffed off, but not nearly that heavy. This stuff you can wipe off with your finger.

I suppose it's some sort of oxidation or the plastic or something. I'll probably use some sort of automotive wax to "seal" them and see what happens. I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this.

Yes, I know exactly what your talking about. I polished them with a little bit of zymol and it has yet to return. They are otherwise crystal clear until that haze forms.

buddha93

Established Member
Hmph, same here. They look brand new when I wipe them off with just a dry cloth.

TEAL VNM

Established Member
I dont have a problem like that. I take mine out once or twice a month other than that shes tucked away in the garge under a car cover.

WillyB93

Established Member
I think meguiars wax offers a headlight protection stuff at your local part store, I would try that.

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, I was just going to give the regular stuff a try and see what happens. It doesn't seem to be "aging" the lens when I wipe it off, as they're crystal clear when I wipe it off......kinda odd.

Users who are viewing this thread