headlight removal

sonicblustreak

Established Member
I want to replace the headlight assy, but I can't get it out without feeling like I'm getting ready to break something. I've removed the 2 screws up top. Are there some more that must be removed to get that grille shell off that surrounds the lights?

Blownnjucied94

Established Member
there are two nuts that go into the back of the turn signal from inside the engine compartment, i want to say they are 10mm,
take those out and the turn signal / corner light / bezel comes out, then you can get at the screws and what not for the headlight itself.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
yes they are 10mm and kinda hard to see/find, but are below the actual headlight on the inside.

Blownnjucied94

Established Member
the ones behind the battery are a pain, i guess the other ones would be too, but i had the overflow/wash fluid res. turned, the 'air box' is pulled...

Last edited:

sonicblustreak

Established Member
thanks for the info guys. You are right, they are a complete pain in the you know what. But, the new lights look sooo much better than the old ones. Even my wife couldn't get over the difference. I think I'm going to replace the corners and turn signals too.

Blownnjucied94

Established Member
sonicblustreak said:
thanks for the info guys. You are right, they are a complete pain in the you know what. But, the new lights look sooo much better than the old ones. Even my wife couldn't get over the difference. I think I'm going to replace the corners and turn signals too.

get some pics up of it now!!!!

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
yep gotta have pics. and once you've removed the headlights it's alot easier the next time.

Built Ford

Established Member
hey man where did you pick your new headlights up from and for how much? I have been looking for some. don't want the crystals. my friend who works for ford said to buy the ford headlights cause they don't turn yellow as fast. I already have clear corners for it and the headlight arn't matching and pisses me off evertime i see it. thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread