headlights on ebay...?

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Has anyone bought the 01+04 headlights with clear corners that are sold on ebay? Or bought anything from "revotec" on ebay?

The seller says that they will fit but not perfectly. That I would have to use sand paper to smooth the upper edge of the housing to make it fit on a 99 L. Can anyone verify this before I buy them? Is it hard to smooth them out?

Item number: 8026167367

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Does anyone know a good how-to on installing new headlights and corners and putting in a new grill?

MixMaker

I've got a fever!!
Established Member
If you do need to do sanding just go out and buy a Dremel...it'll make quick work out of that. I sanded down a bracket to get some Harley pedals to fit on my '01.

For the headlights just push back and pull out on those tabs behind the headlight housing, then you'll be able to pull the headlight out and remove the bulb. For the corners there's only one screw holding them in. Remove that screw and pull straight back on the corner and remove the bulb.

netoje

Established Member
I just installed my clear corners from "revotec" last night. It was a piece of cake. Just like stated above its only one screw holding them in. I had no problems whatsoever but I have an '01.
You might also consider buying some sylvania clear corner bulbs($20). They have a silver/purpleish look to them but glow amber when lit. Good luck!

203Cree

Established Member
99bolt said:
Does anyone know a good how-to on installing new headlights and corners and putting in a new grill?

I'll PM you some stuff. Check them bout five mins from now, I'll have to copy and paste some stuff.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
For a good grille install, check with Grillecraft (I think that's their name) They make the mesh grilles and they have install instructions on their website

usaf_eagle

Established Member
when you take out the headlights.. its a good idea to lay some tape over the grill surround because the alignment pins on the back of the headlight have a tendency to gouge the painted surround... leaves nasty little scratches sometimes.. just a precaution to take..

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
Thanks for all the help. :beer:

Headlights/Corners are now installed! They look SWEET! :coolman:
Time for new fog lights...

Last edited:

99bolt

Build# 1464
Established Member
I need some help again. I need some clear fog lights b/c the stockers look way out of place. I need them to fit a 99.

I found the "CyberWhite's by Navigator" and they look good. Like this...
2344-5942-90287.jpg

Has anyone bought them from walmart recently and know how much they go for? Or if they are still available from walmart?

Wish my camera had batt. so that I could post before/after pics. Looks oh so clean... several people thought I actually traded up for a 03-04 lightning. :rolling:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread