Headlights question

ericsnow25

Established Member

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
the only difference between those two is that one has the smoked lenses and the other doesn't. Either one will fit so just choose which one you like more. I believe that the actual original lights were not smoked on my car but I can't remember.

SonicBlueOval

Established Member
So the 129.99 ones are exact replacements for 02-04s then?

Yes, except that these are not Ford brand. Just be aware that there will be quality differences as the OEM lights are hard to beat, but they are pricey. Those for 129.99 will look good and will at least last for a few years before sun fading if the car isnt garaged

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It's a crap shoot buying headlights that aren't oem, the lenses will look good during the day but when you turn the lights on at nite you can see flaws everywhere!
The Terminator guys get the smoked oem's from Tousley for a price Damm close to the one you listed!

ericsnow25

Established Member
It's a crap shoot buying headlights that aren't oem, the lenses will look good during the day but when you turn the lights on at nite you can see flaws everywhere!
The Terminator guys get the smoked oem's from Tousley for a price Damm close to the one you listed!

Anyone know the smoked oem part number?

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
I bought myself a pair of projector headlights at mustang week for my cobra. I put them in and then 6 hours later already had moisture in them. On Saturday I returned them to the vendor.

Slowbra01

Established Member

Can you give a direct link to this vendor please? :beer:

MikeRS1981

Established Member
Just check the vendor forums, tousley ford is right there. I just ordered a set, it was like $150 or so. Do a search in that section there are tons of posts where people ask for the part numbers

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Just call Steve @ Tousley. There is a link in a thread at the top of our forum about parts @ +10% over dealer cost. Great guy to work with. I ordered a set of 01-04 headlights a few months ago and they look great on my 99. Like Brutal Metal said, it was somewhere in the $150 range + delivery. And, sorry, I can't find my paperwork. Otherwise I would post the P/Ns.

GreySVTSnake01

Established Member
+1 on using only Ford headlights. I tried to save a couple bucks by buying cheap aftermarket lights. About a month after install one started fogging up and then the other. I tried pulling them off and resealing them with clear silicone a couple times. I had silcone in every place i thought they might possibly be leaking from but they still fogged. I ended up buying genuine Ford, no more problems and they look better too. Trying the cheap route ended up costing me double.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Just call Steve @ Tousley. There is a link in a thread at the top of our forum about parts @ +10% over dealer cost. Great guy to work with. I ordered a set of 01-04 headlights a few months ago and they look great on my 99. Like Brutal Metal said, it was somewhere in the $150 range + delivery. And, sorry, I can't find my paperwork. Otherwise I would post the P/Ns.

Can you show some pics and do you have a Ford part #?
I'm trying to visually see the difference between the smoked 03/04 and the 01-04:rockon:

MikeRS1981

Established Member
There is either smoked, or clear. Smoked started on the 01 cobra I believe, then continued after that

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
eric -- just call Steve and tell him that you want some 01-04 headlights. He knows the P/Ns.
Brutal Metal -- I already got rid of the hazy 99 headlights during a clean up so the before and after isn't possible. I need to wash the car (d/d) before I take any pictures of it! As far as tinting goes: The 01-04 headlights are only slightly tinted. They're not "smoked" in my opinion. The big difference is that the non-reflective surfaces are black instead of chrome (like the 99s are) which makes them appear darker.

Users who are viewing this thread