Headlights - Rotating Bezel?

SonicBlue03

Established Member
Went to the Milwaukee Auto Show last night on the spur of the moment (forgot to take my camera with me :bash: ) and got to take a nice long look at the new beast.

Has anyone else seen the headlights up close? I noticed a small gear somewhat hidden behind a cover (about 1" in area) that meshed with teeth that circled the headlight bezel.

The spokeswoman didn't know what it was for, but she said others had commented on it earlier as well. The best we could come up with was some sort of high/low beam adjustment, kinda like a Mag-Lite flashlight.

20-COBRA-03

Banned
I heard that it is a cintrifical (sp) gear that spins to focus the headlight at a longer distance away. They said that they took the idea from a telephoto lens.

SonicBlue03

Established Member
The question is, will be make it to production? I think it's pretty cool. The next step will be to equip them with range finders, so the light automatically focuses to the correct depth.

Friendchicken

the extra bells and whistles on a concept car rarely make it to production unless it can justify the added cost.

Saldy that is more cool factor than functional.

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
Ford has a enough of a problem with its current head and tail lights and you thing these special lights will make it to product?....not a chance

Users who are viewing this thread